When you switch the “Trusted Addresses” entries on/off often enough the KIS UI freezes at full CPU load on one core.

Timur Born

Hello.

Could some of you please try to reproduce the following freeze bug. When you switch the “Trusted Addresses” entries on/off often enough the KIS UI freezes at full CPU load on one core. It doesn’t happen every time, it doesn’t happen immediately, but it does happen at one point.

See the following animated GIF for a demonstration:

Thanks in advance!

I already reported this to support. Now I am hoping for some other people being able to reproduce this to make the conversation with support easier. Windows 10 21H1, KIS 21.3.10.391.

Hello,

I want to ask you when this alarm display, what is your choice? I see your gif, there is no this notification, so I ask you this question.

Regards.

Excuse me? I am switching these buttons to document and reproduce an issue that happened while I properly used the product (and reproduced another issue), not to “play a gaming console”. Throwing dirt in my direction sure is no way to acknowledge that effort.

And a company advertising to “safeguard your data & privacy” should not ask for full system disclosures just to handle a GUI issue. They may ask for specifics once they are unable to reproduce this in their own lab, but repeatedly asking for GetSystemInfo reports for every small issue does instill confidence in them being privacy conscience.

I just wrote the same answer to Bitdefender when they ask for full system disclosure to handle a GUI/exception issue that was clearly documented in screenshots, just as this one here is document in the animated GIF.

You have no time and motivation to help reproduce this, fine by me. I am not even a Kaspersky customer at this time, but a trial user. So both the company and community can take the information provided and do what they please with it.

“You’re holding it wrong” (TM Steve Jobs) answers generally rub me the wrong way, though.