What to do if Kaspersky detects omnatuor

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

okay soooo. idk what i did but now every couple of minutes a download is denied from a website. heres info:

Type: Probability of unauthorized software download
Name:  “https://omnatuor.com/iwant?3.1.339”    (not safe link)
Threat level: High
Object type: Web page
Object name: iwant?3.1.339 
Object path: “https://omnatuor.com/“   (not safe link)
Reason: Cloud Protection

since im on the free version yall restrict me from searching up more than one link and I had multiple different links with the same attack. I ended up searching up one out of the 4 links and it had no problems then just went into the websites of the links. 

3 of the websites just had a small sentence like this

the fourth website aka:  “https://omnatuor.com/favicon.ico#”  seems to be the problem. when i press ‘wish to continue’ unlike the other websites KSC does not let me enter the website even tho i requested to. do you prehaps know what i should do to stop the website from harrassing me so KSC will stop sending me constant notifications over it.

@Ratty In the meantime, here is the verdict from Kaspersky Virus Lab - Moscow :

“This is not a false alarm. 
Kaspersky Lab applications classify the specified objects as Adware and do not identify them as malicious. The notifications displayed to the user are informative and correct.

Best regards, xxxxxx xxxxxx, Malware Analyst”

Hi @Ratty , 

Try to reset Edge: 

Click the menu icon (three horizontal dots) Settings > Reset Settings > Restore settings to their default values Reset.

(To prevent Edge from automatically restoring everything from the cloud, you can navigate to Settings > Profiles > Sync and click Turn off sync.)

Will it fix the continiuous detect issue?

• 2 months later...

I keep getting the same message: download denied. Each time I open google chrome before I even type in anything I get the pop up. It is the same site as mentioned by Ratty. It is so annoying and I don’t know how to make it stop etc.

• Solution

Hello

Welcome!

1. The browser may have been hijacked, reset it → chrome://settings/reset

, at the completion, exit browser → do not restart atm.
  2. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, start Chrome, recheck? IF the issue persists continue with 3.
  3. Read & follow topic by @richbuff:  Kaspersky notification of detection, file or website detected, if the issue persists, continue with 4. 
  4. Read & follow topic by @Danila T.:  How to remove a virus from Windows PC, computer virus scan, preventing infection of the device

Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

If Kaspersky products show detection notifications about omnatuor, then read the information below:

Follow these steps:

1. Update base of our product and run the Quck scan. Then use the Advanced Disinfection with a Windows reboot.
  2. You should also check the browser content notifications (disable it), subscriptions and permissions in your browser. And installed extensions. Reset or disable anything suspicious.

How to disable notifications:

• For Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1287625
  • For Chrome: Settings / Additional / Content settings / Notifications
    or chrome://settings/content/notifications
  • For Opera: Settings / Advanced / Privacy & Security / Content Settings / Notifications 
  1. If your browser is still being omnatuor then we strongly recommend resetting browser to its default settings.

P.S.

Link