What is KLAdmin password

GBotto
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

• Solution

What is KLAdmin password? please i need help how to reset protection password in kaspersky??

Hello @GBotto,

Welcome!

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋

• 4 months later...

Kaspersky Total Security Password Protection was turned on during an system update.  Without letting me the user/consumer setting the user feature, name and password.  Why did you do this to all your customers without informing them?  Or set the password not to the master or current password in use?  Then we had to go through the hassle safe boot of fixing the problem ourselves.  Just so I could access my own backup and restore features.  Just letting other users your not alone in this problem.  It was a software change, not user error.  

What  would be helpful is a process that allows us to create another user (like windows users) to our software account for another family member or partner in case of technical problems, health problems of main user (covid/death/comma) so someone can access account on shared devices. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Michael.Duke & @w_ds

Welcome!

Kaspersky application password default setting is OFF, the version updates do not change this. 

IF a Kaspersky application version update has created an issue for you, log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, use the Application Malfunction, Other template; Support may request traces, logs & other data, they will advise & guide you:

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋 

• 1 month later...

I second the request from Michael.Duke!

I also.  I use Safe Money and somehow the software has changed the settings for some of the most sensitive sites from auto to ask the user’s permission.

When I try to go change settings a popup window appears and it belongs to the ‘KL admin’ and asks for a login. I used My Kaspersky PW but its denied.

That, along with my earlier comment about the free VPN service reaching its 300MB max shortly after connecting is what’s pushing me away from K to a different provider.

What’s the fix for the KL admin login?