Vulnerability Scan detecting/neutralizing object, how can I see what the object is?

Hello @borkduck

You’re welcome!

• 1 In KIS Scan Detailed Report, does the Vulnerability scan show Details (image 1), if “yes”, when Details is selected what shows? 
  • 2 In KIS Vulnerability Scan window - is there a vulnerable applications shown (image 2), if “yes”, when vulnerable applications is selected what shows?

• 3 If the answer is “no” for 1. & 2. enable Traces (image 3) rerun the Vulnerability scan - replicate the problem, disable Traces (image 4), In Support Tools window select Send Report to Technical support (image 5), in the Send report window - uncheck Operating system information - select Save report on your computer (image 6), name the Traces.
  • ☢ Warning - Traces can be HUGE, only run for the Vulnerability scan process and disable as soon as it is finished
  • 4 Raise a request with Kaspersky Technical Support - follow Incident request template (image 7)

•  4 a) Kaspersky Technical Support, provide a detailed troubleshooting history, images, a GSI & Windows logs; and Traces, captured as the issue is replicated.
  • 4 b) After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • 5 When Support provide information, please share it with the Community?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Nothing shows in ‘Details’ when clicked in ‘Detailed Reports’ for Vulnerability scan (VS 01). The Vulnerability report itself shows ‘0 Vulnerable Applications’ and ‘4 vulnerabilities in the operating system’  (VS 02). I’m going to fix those (all MSFT Internet Explorer) and then see what happens.

Thanks for your assistance, Flood. Much appreciated.

bd

Hello @borkduck,

You’re most welcome☺ !

• 🅰 In Vulnerability Scan report select Details (see image)
  • 🅱 Regarding the 4 vulnerabilities in the operating system:
  1. History of entered URLs - fix
  2. Sending of error reports - fix
  3. Websites saved cookies - fix
  4. Home page - select home page of your choice

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

The vulnerabilities referenced are shown in the 2nd VS scan in my previous email (VS 02). They’re all MSFT IE related, and all say ‘not necessary to fix’. I went ahead and fixed them anyway, then re-booted, ran Vulnerability scan again. This time no ‘1 object detected, 1 object neutralized’ message; all appears to be clean. Will see what happens going forward.

One thing I left out in all this which may be pertinent: I’m still running Windows 7 (but never use IE browser). Was set to upgrade when the world blew up in March. Hopefully will be able to do it soon, though I’m not looking forward to learning a new OS at this stage in my life. Old dog, new tricks etc. etc.

Thanks again for your help, Flood.

bd