VPN Not connecting in Android 12

JCSTYLE43

Hello all,

Samsung Note 20 Ultra

running Android 12

Kernel  14.19.113-23504220

Using Kaspersky Internet Security version 11.82.4.7274

My VPN  won't connect anymore.  My internet connection works fine. 

Things I've tried:

I have deleted the cashe, force stopped, started after force rebooting the phone. After that, I uninstalled and reinstalled the whole app.

I've reset the network settings, and reboot,  then later, reset my system settings.

I recall having to totally reset the entire phone back to factory,  last time this happened(I should have come here, and gone to support,  who I've contacted via 24hr email response.) I have done that 4 times since I switched back to Android. ? 

That's my last resort.  The phone is barely 2 weeks old. I got a replacement under warranty. I wasn't happy about that, but, it's done. 

BTW,

I'm being hacked by a neighbor via ManIntheMiddle attack.

why Big Bro wants a beat down disabled, genius, ex-ARMY, CMU grad, who's in chronic pain,  is beyond me?

My woman thinks I'm a targeted individual,  maybe? I dunno?

Anyway, 

Thanks for the help .👍 

My VPN  won't connect anymore.  My internet connection works fine. 

Things I've tried:

• I have deleted the cache, force stopped, started after force rebooting the phone. After that, I uninstalled and reinstalled the whole app.
  • I've reset the network settings, and reboot,  then later, reset my system settings.
  • I recall having to totally reset the entire phone back to factory,  last time this happened (I should have come here, and gone to support,  who I've contacted via 24hr email response.) I have done that 4 times since I switched back to Android. 

Hello @JCSTYLE43

Welcome!

Just for clarification:

1. Did the VPN, combined with KIS, ever connect?
  2. Have you, on this occasion, logged the issue with Kaspersky support? 
  3. Is the VPN not connecting to the Fastest server, or not connecting to any of the 81 available remote virtual servers? 
  4. As a test ONLY → IF you uninstall KIS with VPN, shutdown, power OFF, power ON Samsung Note 20 Ultra, download & install Kaspersky Fast Secure VPN, from Google play store, as a stand alone app, install shutdown, power OFF, power ON Samsung Note 20 Ultra, start VPN, does it connect ? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

1. Did the VPN, combined with KIS, ever connect?

Yes,  it worked fine,  for a long time.  It seems like my connection isn't allowing it to work anymore.  I can connect to 1.1.1.1 WARP+ however. 

1. Have you, on this occasion, logged the issue with Kaspersky support? 

Yes,  support just got back to me,  so we are trying to resolve this. 

1. Is the VPN not connecting to the Fastest server, or not connecting to any of the 81 available remote virtual servers? 

It won't connect to any of the 81 servers. It errors the same way every time. 

1. As a test ONLY → IF you uninstall KIS with VPN, shutdown, power OFF, power ON Samsung Note 20 Ultra, download & install Kaspersky Fast Secure VPN, from Google play store, as a stand alone app, install shutdown, power OFF, power ON Samsung Note 20 Ultra, start VPN, does it connect ? 

No it stalls the same way,  never connects,  and stops...

• 5 months later...

1. Clear VPN App Storage and Cache
We have suggested this one for most of the commonly witnessed OS-related issues, and the same holds true here as well. If your Android 12 VPN just doesn’t function as it should, you could try clearing out your cache and app data. If an app is malfunctioning, getting rid of the app cache and data takes care of it. 

Open the ‘Settings’ app on your phone.
Choose ‘Apps.’
Tap on ‘All Apps,’ ‘App Manager,’ ‘Manage Apps,’ or similar alternatives.
Choose the VPN app you want to clear cache and data from.
Tap on ‘Storage.’
Select ‘Clear Cache’ and ‘Clear Data.’

Regards,
J Wick

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 9:23 AM, Jimmywick said:

1. Clear VPN App Storage and Cache
We have suggested this one for most of the commonly witnessed OS-related issues, and the same holds true here as well. If your Android 12 VPN just doesn’t function as it should, you could try clearing out your cache and app data. If an app is malfunctioning, getting rid of the app cache and data takes care of it. 

Open the ‘Settings’ app on your phone.
Choose ‘Apps.’
Tap on ‘All Apps,’ ‘App Manager,’ ‘Manage Apps,’ or similar alternatives.
Choose the VPN app you want to clear cache and data from.
Tap on ‘Storage.’
Select ‘Clear Cache’ and ‘Clear Data.’

Regards,
J Wick

Clear Cache and Data and reboot Android phone.