VPN frozen at 17% but says active

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Ever since I have updated my system to Windows 11 VPN is frozen at 17% saying "Your connection is secure" but it is not. Even when my laptop is rebooted and I open the app first thing it is already at 17% without having used any data.

1 - I switch it off and cannot switch it back on again.

2 - I close the app and reopen it and it is stuck at 17% and says "Your connection is secure".

3 - When I try to close the app from the small notification window the app/notification popup freezes and I cannot it close it. The only way I can close this small notification box is via the Task Manager.

Can someone please help with this? It is so annoying and this has been happening now for over 1 year and I do not feel protected at all. 

NB: My location is set to Australia and it will not allow me to change the protocol.

Image 1 - VPN switched off

Image 2 - VPN switched on

Screenshot 2024-08-01 113146.png

Screenshot 2024-08-01 113351.png

• Solution
2 hours ago, fundalogy said:

Ever since I have updated my system to Windows 11 VPN is frozen at 17% saying "Your connection is secure" but it is not. Even when my laptop is rebooted and I open the app first thing it is already at 17% without having used any data.

1 - I switch it off and cannot switch it back on again.

2 - I close the app and reopen it and it is stuck at 17% and says "Your connection is secure".

3 - When I try to close the app from the small notification window the app/notification popup freezes and I cannot it close it. The only way I can close this small notification box is via the Task Manager.

NB: My location is set to Australia and it will not allow me to change the protocol.

Can someone please help with this?

It is so annoying and this has been happening now for over 1 year and I do not feel protected at all. 

Hello @fundalogy

Welcome! 

"If you are using the Free version of the application, you can only use a free server. When using a free server, the application selects the location of the VPN server for you automatically even if you had indicated a specific location of the VPN server for the selected website."

1. Uninstall KVPN, using Windows -> Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features image.thumb.png.3f563f3399a327037b524224d4027560.png
  2. At the completion of the *uninstall*, shutdown the computer using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, power the computer ON by pressing the power button, login. 
  3. Download a new KVPN free executable from: Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection for Windows® - https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/free-vpn-secure-connection
  4. Install KVPN free. 
  5. Recheck the KVPN stalling at 17% data issue? 

Any issues or concerns please post back? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Resource: Using the Free version of the application

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I was not shutting down completely when I did the uninstall and reinstall. So, I can not understand how this may have made the difference?

I have been able to test it today. I think it is working now. Will keep an eye out in the next few days. Thank you.

• Thanks 1