Virtual data vault

Sukulente

I created a Virtual Data Vault with Kaspersky Total Security in 2018. A file with the extension xy.kde. Unfortunately, I can no longer open this file with KIS because the data safe is no longer supported by KIS. I know the password. With what solution can I open this virtual data vault?

Hello @Sukulente

Welcome!

• KIS has never had the Backup and Restore feature, only KTS has ever had Backup and Restore feature. 
  • IF you have a 2018 KTS vault, that you have the password for, but cannot access, contact Kaspersky support, either via Chat or Email, give them as much details as possible, they may request Logs, traces & other data, they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏, 

Flood🐳+🐋

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Flood,

The problem is solved. As described above, there is a difference between KIS and KTS. Only KIS runs on the Mac, even if I have a KTS license. After I activated the license on a Windows computer or installed the software, I was able to open the safe again. This is also possible without a license, only the creation of new safes is now possible with a valid license. Thanks for the support.