Vault: How are deleted files and file versions handled?

I’m using Kaspersky Total Security and would like to ask how well vaults retain the files that are put there. Original files, clouds or any other backup are not a concern here, just those that are on the vaults.

• Question 1a:

Where do the files go when they are deleted from a Kaspersky vault: Do they always remain on the encrypted volume until overwritten or do they get sent to the recycle bin of the particular drive that the vault is on?

E.g I have Kaspersky vault Y:\ on SDD D:\, would my deleted file remain on Y:\ or get sent to the Recycle Bin of D:\?

• Question 1b:

Would the hardware make any difference: I have vaults on SDD, HDD & USB flash drives (which I heard don’t have $Recycle.Bin).

• Question 3:

What happens when I delete a vault: Will anything that was deleted on the vault become unencrypted and recoverable all of a sudden?

...or is the encrypted vault and all the files that were on it (both deleted and undeleted) still there in the background, still encrypted (and recoverable as encrypted only) until overwritten?

• Question 4:

File versions stored outside the vault: Would Windows features like “Volume Shadow copy Service” (VSS) or “File history” keep versions of the files on a vault somewhere outside of the vault?

This clueless noob thanks you in advance! :)