User interface in Kaspersky Security Cloud Free doesnt work

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello, I’ve started to encounter a strange problem with the UI in the free version Kaspersky Security Cloud. The problem is that when I try to click any of the buttons, they dont work. I have a video showing that problem: Kaspersky Problem - YouTube

My computer runs 64 bit Windows 10 Pro 21H1 (OS build 19043. 1052)

I have also attached a file that contains System Information.

I have tried to reboot my computer several times, and also updated Kaspersky Security Cloud Free by uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but nothing helped me.

The only way I’m able to get it working is by exiting Kaspersky and starting it again, but in urgent cases I would likely not have the time to restart Kaspersky.

Again, I’m trying to get the UI working without having to restart Kaspersky. I am looking forward to any advice. Thanks in advance.

Hello @Rad Ford,

Welcome! 

1. Before installing KSCF was the system checked for software conflicts?
  2. Which was installed first: KSCF or Malwarebytes? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello, I had Malwarebytes installed before I installed KSCF. Before KSCF I used Avast and Avira, but I uninstalled them via Control Panel so I’m not sure if any leftover files were causing problems. I would also like to note that I have the free version of Malwarebytes, and that it never starts at startup. I only use it as a second opinion scanner.

• Solution

Hello, I had Malwarebytes installed before I installed KSCF. Before KSCF I used Avast and Avira, but I uninstalled them via Control Panel so I’m not sure if any leftover files were causing problems. I would also like to note that I have the free version of Malwarebytes, and that it never starts at startup. I only use it as a second opinion scanner.

Hello @Rad Ford

Thank you for replying👌

• The most recent patch(d) appears to have new changes vis-à-vis Malwarebytes. 
  • First we’ll remove Malwarebytes, we can reinstall it after getting KSCF working, however, if KSCF again does not work, you’ll have to decide…. 

Do all of the following steps  please:

1. ​Create a System restore point
  2. Uninstall Malwarebytes, using Windows → Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features.
  3. Shutdown computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login. 
  4. Uninstall KSCF → using Windows -> Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features - do not check any checkboxes →  leave ALL check boxes BLANK.
  5. Shutdown computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login. 
  6. Change Windows to run in Safe Mode.
  7. Delete all files in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp         *USER* = your name
  8. Delete all files in C:\Windows\Temp 
  9. Return to Windows normal mode. 
  10. Download a new KSCF installer
  11. Install KSCF
  12. Configure KSCF
  13. Shutdown computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login. 
  14. Make sure KSCF is started. 
  15. Run a manual Database update →  allow it to complete
  16. Run a manual Full scan →  allow it to complete

Let us know the outcome before doing anything with Malwarebytes?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @Rad Ford

Thank you for replying👌

• The most recent patch(d) appears to have new changes vis-à-vis Malwarebytes. 
  • First we’ll remove Malwarebytes, we can reinstall it after getting KSCF working, however, if KSCF again does not work, you’ll have to decide…. 

Do all of the following steps  please:

1. ​Create a System restore point
  2. Uninstall Malwarebytes, using Windows → Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features.
  3. Shutdown computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login. 
  4. Uninstall KSCF → using Windows -> Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features - do not check any checkboxes →  leave ALL check boxes BLANK.
  5. Shutdown computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login. 
  6. Change Windows to run in Safe Mode.
  7. Delete all files in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp         *USER* = your name
  8. Delete all files in C:\Windows\Temp 
  9. Return to Windows normal mode. 
  10. Download a new KSCF installer
  11. Install KSCF
  12. Configure KSCF
  13. Shutdown computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login. 
  14. Make sure KSCF is started. 
  15. Run a manual Database update →  allow it to complete
  16. Run a manual Full scan →  allow it to complete

Let us know the outcome before doing anything with Malwarebytes?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello, I did everything you listed and I am glad to say that uninstalling Malwarebytes aswell as doing everything you listed fixed this issue. Thanks for the help. 

• 2 months later...

BTW, I have the very same issue with KSCF on my Win 10 21H1, but I guess it’s because I have Comodo Firewall which is listed in the incompatibility list. I am not going to get rid of it because this is a good combo, and I am using it for many years without significant issues (except this one) but I decided to let you know. Sorry for hijacking the topic.

Regards,
George