update utility, how should I do in order to minimum the file size of the update file as much as possible?

tawaphol

Dear all I am looking for an antivirus to be use on the ship with limited internet connection due to high cost of it. Also I wont allow my users to have the administrative right on that pc I have tried KIS19 and the update utilities and its look great for my requirement My question is about the update utilities, when creating these update file, I can see three folders created. assume that i want to create these file monthly, what is the procedure to do it in order not to download the old data which already been distributed last month? I can see that the update utilities show the date of the last created, but what should I do with that three folder? assume that I have created update for this month - distributed to those pc, should I delete that three folder when create next month update? will this utility download only the latest file ( from the date of previously created) or download everything again? In short, how should I do in order to minimum the file size of the update file as much as possible? will It smaller if I use another product with less feature (KAV) ? Thank you

I am looking for an antivirus to be use on the ship with limited internet connection due to high cost of it. Also I wont allow my users to have the administrative right on that pc I have tried KIS19 and the update utilities and its look great for my requirement My question is about the update utilities, when creating these update file, I can see three folders created. assume that i want to create these file monthly, what is the procedure to do it in order not to download the old data which already been distributed last month? I can see that the update utilities show the date of the last created, but what should I do with that three folder? assume that I have created update for this month - distributed to those pc, should I delete that three folder when create next month update? will this utility download only the latest file ( from the date of previously created) or download everything again? In short, how should I do in order to minimum the file size of the update file as much as possible? will It smaller if I use another product with less feature (KAV) ?
Hello tawaphol, Welcome!
  1. Can you upload the data you're looking at & pm the link to me please, so we have a clear understanding of the objectives.
Also include:
  1. Operating system version?, build? release?
  2. KIS version? & patch(x)? x = letter?
Also, using Windows Account Manager you can create (staff) accounts with standard access. Thank you:pray_tone3:

Hi flood Windows 10 1903 / KIS not sure but should be the latest as I have just download it from kaspersky site today. My process were like this - create update file using update utility for the first time, those three folder are around 90 mb - delete those three folders and try to create with update utility again, now i got the same three folders with around 83 mb Im not sure what would happened if i try to create another download file without delete those previous three folder. But in my case, creating another update after 15 mins and i got almost the same update size isnt really acceptable. What should i do to create " incremental update " to get the smallest update file? Btw, about the admin right. Other av that i tried use executable file to install their definition update so in my case with standard user its not possible to let my user do it by themself. Thanks

Windows 10 1903 / KIS not sure but should be the latest as I have just download it from kaspersky site today. My process were like this - create update file using update utility for the first time, those three folder are around 90 mb - delete those three folders and try to create with update utility again, now i got the same three folders with around 83 mb Im not sure what would happened if i try to create another download file without delete those previous three folder. But in my case, creating another update after 15 mins and i got almost the same update size isnt really acceptable.
Hello tawaphol, Thank you for posting back. The principle is: KIS compares the existing databases with the databases available at the update source. If the databases are different, Kaspersky Internet Security downloads the missing parts of the databases. Please repeat your "test" without deleting the folders. Let me know the outcome please? Thank you.

Dear flood I have tried it again without deleting those three folders whole process was done on another machine without KIS installed first created 1.16 gb ( this is weird, how come its so much difference than what i had done before? ) Second created without delete those folders, same size but it was done much faster also this time there are four folder inside which name "diff" with 2.27 kb in size should i just use this "diff" folder for incremental update?

should i just use this "diff" folder for incremental update?
Hello tawaphol, Thank you for posting back. (1) I'm not clear why you're testing KIS19 when 2020 is available? (2) Regarding "assume I want to create these folders/file monthly", is the goal to only download updates once a month? The fourth folder exists (imo), bc, it follows the documented process: "Kaspersky Internet Security compares the existing databases with the databases available at the update source. If the databases are different, Kaspersky Internet Security downloads the missing parts of the databases" (3) Have all the mandatory system preparations been done before installing KIS ? Thank you. Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 Library