Unable to pause protection; KSC becoming unresponsive

Redd

I really need to disable the protection, but KSC won’t let me! I go to the Pause protection, set “Pause until application restart” and click the “Pause protection” button to accept. A dialog asking for confirmation appears but closes right away. After this point, Kaspersky stops taking my clicks. I’m unable to click anything in the Pause protection window, or the main Kaspersky window.

It still detects my keyboard input. So I tried using the keyboard on the Pause protection window, but absolutely nothing happens when I select the “Pause protection” button with Tab and hit Enter or Space.

I’m on Windows 10 (10.0.18363.720).

Hello @Redd

Welcome!

Please tell us

1. Kaspersky Security Cloud version & patch(x) x = letter
  2. Is the  “Pause Protection,  popup asking for confirmation appears but closes right away” a new issue or has always existed?
  3. If “new”, before Kaspersky Security Cloud was installed was a Software compatibility check run?
  4. Have you uninstalled & run a clean install of Kaspersky Security Cloud?
  5. Is Kaspersky Security Cloud licensed?

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳  

Resources:

System requirements for Kaspersky Security Cloud 20

Hello @Redd

Welcome!

Please tell us

1. Kaspersky Security Cloud version & patch(x) x = letter
  2. Is the  “Pause Protection,  popup asking for confirmation appears but closes right away” a new issue or has always existed?
  3. If “new”, before Kaspersky Security Cloud was installed was a Software compatibility check run?
  4. Have you uninstalled & run a clean install of Kaspersky Security Cloud?
  5. Is Kaspersky Security Cloud licensed?

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳  

Resources:

System requirements for Kaspersky Security Cloud 20

Thank you for your time.

1.KSC 20.0.14.1085(i)

2.Old issue. Have had it ever since I installed KSC in december. I tried ignoring it, but I really need to disable the protection now. So I really hope the issue can be solved, because if not, I’ll have to switch to another antivirus.

4.No, I haven’t. I guess I’ll try that tomorrow.

5.Not right now, no. I’m using the free version.

Hello @Redd

You’re most welcome!

Thank you for replying and the information👌

➡ May I have a video of the “Pause Protection,  popup asking for confirmation appears but closes right away” issue please? 

➡ Is Kaspersky Security Cloud a standard install or have configuration changes been applied to any Kaspersky Security Cloud Settings? 

When you have time please do:

1.  Software compatibility check.
  2.  Uninstall & clean install of Kaspersky Security Cloud.
  3. Clear the following Temp areas:

C:\Windows\Temp

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

➡ May I have a video of the “Pause Protection,  popup asking for confirmation appears but closes right away” issue please? 

Here you go:

https://mega.nz/#!9cN0xS7K!y_ydWU3ZzDDRNlJW6YwdYKD4r_O2FBRp9J3XH8js62w

Unfortunately, as you can see, the recording failed to capture the dialog, so the screen turns black in the video when this one shows up. So I uploaded a screenshot of the dialog:

https://imgur.com/dV4sFBx

➡ Is Kaspersky Security Cloud a standard install or have configuration changes been applied to any Kaspersky Security Cloud Settings? 

Standard; no configuration changes.

When you have time please do:

1.  Software compatibility check.
  2.  Uninstall & clean install of Kaspersky Security Cloud.
  3. Clear the following Temp areas:

C:\Windows\Temp

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

What’s the best way of clearing those folders? Just navigating to them with Windows Explorer and manually deleting their contents?

Hello @Redd,

Thank you for replying, the information, the image & the video👏 . 

1. The image shows Pause time period 15minutes, have you tried Pause - the last option, without a set time?
  2. When the Attention popup shows, do you tick✔ (or try to tick) the 🔲 Do not prompt for confirmation during the next 30 minutes, before trying to select the Confirm ?
  3. What else is active when  “Pause Protection, popup asking for confirmation appears but closes right away” issue happens? 

To clear the contents of both Temp folders, the best way is to change to SafeMode, then using Windows Explorer, delete the contents of each Temp folder, the other way is to stay in Normal mode, then using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Windows\Temp, select all files & folders, there will be some files & folders requiring Admin permission, select Yes or Ok, & there will be some files & folder In use, select Skip, repeat the procedure for C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 1 year later...

I have the same issue in Kaspersky Security Cloud Free. I try to pause the protection  but the confirmation dialog disappeared. I cannot click yes or no.

Hello @vhick

Welcome!

Use Task manager, find the Pause protection process → highlight & right click, select Bring To Front

If problems persist, please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hi @Flood and Flood's wife ,

Thank you so much for your response. And sorry for the late response.

Actually its not working. The confirmation dialog disappeared so fast so I cannot see that “pause protection” in task manager.

Honestly, I’m really surprised with Kaspersky, its really light on my potato system. I’m sad because I cannot use it because of this issue. All I want is really good protection in replacement of windows defender that didn’t interfere with my work.

I hope Kaspersky resolve this issue as I browse, it seems that it is not isolated cases.

Thank you so much again for all the help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I just want to update this thread because I found out the culprit of confirmation dialog automatically disappeared. It cause by Hubstaff employee tracking software. I don’t know if it because of screenshot tracking or keystroke tracking. There is no notification on Kaspersky.

When I try to start tracking, the confirmation dialog automatically disappeared and there is no way I cannot temporarily disabled Kaspersky, when I stop the timer, the confirmation box is working perfectly.

I hope Kaspersky have some fix for this.

Thank you.