Unable to access my online store. [“Invalid name of certificate"]

Jes

I am unable to access mu online store that was verified by Kaspersky.  I am getting the error message “Invalid name of certificate. Either the name is not on the allowed list, or was explicitly excluded.

Please assist as it is adversely affecting my business.

Hello @Jes

Also.

➡ Websites prove their identity via certificates: 

• There is a problem with the certificate the site uses. 
  • The site is not trusted this because it uses a certificate that is not valid for jeselu.com.
  • The certificate is only valid for faceandbodystudiosa.co.za.
  • The name mismatch needs to be corrected: 

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 7 months later...

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I have the same error but as far as I can tell the certificate isn’t flagging for anything.  For me, I get the certificate error in Chrome and the Steam App on this rig and my test server both.  I also tried Edge, after configuring it and logging in.  (I’ve never used Edge before just because I don’t trust the data collection policies.)  I also seem to be the only one having issues with the site.  

Steam community website​​​​​

I have also included the pdf from the website certificate test.  Any ideas?

1.  Kaspersky Internet Security 2020.  I think it is the 5 device package but it could be the 3 for this account.
    21.1.15.500©

2. View Certificate 
    1.  On my test rig I reloaded the entire machine, because I upgraded the drives in the raid array on that machine, which is the perfect time to clean install everything to get rid of the crap that Windows leaves behind over time.

Thank you for the help.  It is hard to provide support for game issues and get bug reports through Steam when you cannot view it, and I don’t exactly get much free time away from coding to dig into an issue with one website.  

Hello @JamesMac

You’re most welcome☺ !

1. Check whether any applications installed on your computer are incompatible with Kaspersky Internet Security?
  2. Clean install version KIS (version 21.2.16.590), first uninstall 21.1.15.500©, save License information only; after the clean install, update both patch(a) & (b), recheck the certificate issue? 

Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Completed and checked the application list.  I get a different version of the previous window, but the same problem still exists. Even pausing the Kaspersky protection did not allow access.  Is there a setting somewhere that could be causing this?

Hello @JamesMac

Thank you for posting back👌

• Re “ Is there a setting somewhere that could be causing this?”, no, there’s a problem with the certificate
  1. Which KIS version & patch is installed, on the Windows Taskbar, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About → post an image please? 
  2. Is steam using certificates issued to akamai-san54.exacttarget.com🤔 ?  

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

1.  Removed and Installed the version as directed earlier, and updated as per instructions: 
    1.  A good question, to which Steam support is slow and often based upon whatever their preformatted guide tells them to ask and respond with.  (Reference current issue we have with Steam’s differential update system, which insists that the version of 4 files in our game project are incorrect and insists on replacing them with the previous version of those files.  Steam’s response is to contact the game’s support service, which just happens to be me.  I wear too many hats these days for a retired old man!  The price of being the most experienced dev on the team by a few decades.)
      As near as I can find out, it is issued to SteamPowered but that is what a fellow dev is saying shows for his.

For what it is worth, I get the same message using the Steam application as well as the browser.

Hello @JamesMac

Thank you for posting back👌

Log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, follow the template at the end of our reply, as a guide, include:

1. A detailed history, what caused the problem?
  2. Did you try to solve the problem? How?
  3. Text from an error message(s)? Screen shot? Video?
  4. Community topic URL?  
  5. Support may request Traces, they will guide you.
  6. After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • When feedback from the Kaspersky Technical Team is available, please share it here in the Kaspersky Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Thank you, and I will do that and post the corrective measures back here when I get them.

It started last Thursday, morning before Christmas.  The only changes to any of my computer systems was the update to Unity and MS Studio 2019, which is about once to twice a month.  But I haven’t seen this issue with Steam in around 5 years and then it cleared itself up on it’s own after a few days.
Steam says the problem is at my end, and nobody else on the team or the players that have responded have the issue.  And this is affecting the steam app and the browser, on both Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019.