UDS:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic detected - false positive?

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello,

I downloaded an .exe for a program called RDR Explorer, which allows you to explore and extract the files of the game Red Dead Redemption. After scanning the .exe with Kaspersky (as I usually do with unfamiliar programs), Kaspersky flagged something in it as UDS:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic and deleted the .exe file altogether.

I’m guessing it’s a false positive, as the program is open source and seems very innocuous, but I’d like to be sure. Can anyone determine if it’s safe? I’ve attached a report created by Kaspersky, if that helps. Thank you.

Info:

Windows 10 x64 Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1466)

Kaspersky Security Cloud - Free / Version 21.3.10.391 (h)

RDR Explorer GitHub page

• Solution

Hello @Jinxy

Welcome!

1. Please read: Kaspersky: how to report false positive?
  2. Only the Kaspersky Virus Lab can determine if a file/object is a False positive; normally users would log a case with support, select either Chat or Email, select Malware, False Positive template, zip the detected file & password protect the zip archive with either malware or infected as the password → making sure to advise support of the password, asking support to send the request to the Virus Lab for them to determine if it’s a False positive; including the KSC Report; however, as a user of KSC FREE, there’s no access to technical support, so we’ve done these steps

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Fixed first link: Kaspersky: how to report false positive?, Second & third links were & are working, do not need fixing. 

• 2 years later...