TurboTax activation code blocked

TurboTax
Go to solution Solved by Schulte,

I recently purchased Turbo Tax for reporting year 2021.  I was able to install the software on my PC without any problems.  When I started up the turbo tax and typed in my activation code, it returned with an error stating I have to disable my virus software.  IS there a work around so that turbo tax can authenticate the activation code or is there an easy method to turn off Kaspersky so the activation will work?  This happened to me last year and I had to uninstall Kaspersky, activate turbo tax, then reload Kaspersky.  I have an older laptop and I can install, activate turbo tax without any error messages. 

Hello @TurboTax

Welcome!

If it’s Turbo Tax that’s generating the error & not KTS, for KTS, there’s the option to Pause protection while you authenticate the software → in our image 2 we’ve selected Pause, however, you can specify a time interval in the drop-down list or simply re-enable protection when successful authentication has taken place

• Image 1 shows steps to access the icon: on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons (1), rightclick the Kaspersky icon(2), select Pause protection (3)

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Reference:

Pause protection window

Hi @Schulte, 🖐

Thanks for adding to the topic👌

• Solution

Hello @TurboTax, Welcome.

The activation server seems to be very sensitive since years, but disabling the AV software can't be a solution.

As a first try I would like to recommend this:
Disable the ‘encrypted connection scan’ as a test.

If this works (or not), you can return to the default setting.

EDIT: Hi @Flood and Flood's wife