Trial version of Internet security: do I need an e-mail address?

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

When I want to test Kaspersky internet security will it ask for my e-mail address or phone number?

When I buy a license in an offline shop will it ask for an e-mail address then?

I was using AVG but now it wants my name and E-Mail address ones I wanted to renew my license using a license key I bought in offline store. I do not want to do that and would like to test Kaspersky as a possible alternative but will it also need these info in order be tested?

Hello @AnnikaBarbara

Welcome back! 

Your questions re very similar to the ones you asked previously: Do I need to register in in order to use Kaspersky Trial version? Need to register to activate License?

1. If the installed KIS software is linked to your MyKaspersky account an email address will be required. 
  2. Phone number - no. 
  3. Can you clarify what you mean by “offline shop” please? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Dear Flood, thank you very much for the reply. I just want to test the KIS without having to provide my e-mail address. 

I thought it could be also a possibility to use KIS later without the need to prove my e-mail address when I buy the license from a computer store (not the online shop).

Thank you 

Hello @AnnikaBarbara

You are most welcome☺ !

• If you go to a physical computer store you will not need to provide your email address, nor your phone number, to purchase Kaspersky software. 
  • When the email address becomes an issue, is, if you were to synchronise the locally installed software with your MyKaspersky account; it’s not mandatory, however, there are advantages to using the MyKaspersky account. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• Solution

Hello @AnnikaBarbara,

No.

Download the KIS Trial software, run the executable, then do as follows

1. On The application has been installed successfully window select Done
  2. On the Data processing statement window, select Decline
  3. On the Activation window, select Activate trial version
  4. On the Sign into MyKaspersky window, select Skip
  5. ​On the Activation completed successfully window, select Done
  6. On the KIS, main GUI window, do not select MyKaspersky
  7. On the Settings for additional protection tools, do not select KSN statement & or Marketing

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋