Total Security only backs up to Dropbox?

laner61

I have Kaspersky Total Security on my computer. The only option for backup seems to be Dropbox. Is there any way to change that? I have a Google Drive account that I'd like to use, and not have to buy additional service when I already have it.

Hello  @Outernaut,

Welcome!

(You) can use the KTS Backup & Restore “feature”, or any other Backup & Restore software compatible with your operating system, hardware and software.

If using KTS, it’s necessary to setup a password, (according to recent comms with Kaspersky Lab this is “new” to version 2020),  @Richchad raised a related topic KTS Backup Change Settings - 6th November 2019, there’s a lot of info in the topic, the following KL statement defines the password parameters:

1. (PasswordThis option was added in v2020 in order for that backup process to work without any obstacle.
  2. You only need to add your password once in the configuration window, the backup will not ask you for it again.
  3. (Add password) option is not required if, "on demand" Backup option is selected. This is normal. On demand means that with your current user, you will perform the backup yourself. It is not necessary to verify your self.
  4. When you schedule a backup at a specific time, you need to add your Windows Username and Password. This will make sure that backup will work (will have access to the specific user files) even if you are using other user at the time of the backup.

Another topic, Delete a saved backup - 9th September 2019, by @Hairy may also be of interest. 

My B&R guidlines:

• Always test any Backup & Restore software: create a small backup and make sure it can be restored. 
  • Be familiar with the Restore process, if a disaster presents, it’s too late to be “trying” to learn how to use the B&R software. 
  • If using “detachable” storage, choose a drive with encrypton software. 
  • Keep a removeable storage drive specifically for backups.
  • Create regular System Restore Point(s).
  • Create regular System Image. 
  • Additional (helpful) Windows feature: File History.
  • Never “share” removable drives, shared detachable drives frequently get contaminated with malware.

If you need any help, please don’t hesitate to post back.

Thank you🙏