The Password and Security plugins appear to not recognise multiple profiles in chrome. [MOVED] [ Closed ]

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

The Password and Security plugins appear to not recognise multiple profiles in chrome. It will install in one profile bit will not in the others. You can manually manage and install the password plugin but not the security one. This should work out of the box without needing to hunt around for the plugins and manage manually. Secondly I can't find the security plugin to manually install so no ability to install this in the other user profiles. Looking for workaround and also a fix for this please. //Mod Note: moved to proper section.

• Solution
Hello Stonecutter, Welcome! I apologise in advance but I'm not understanding the problem? I have one Google profile & I just created a second to see I could understand the issue but I don't know if I'm on the right track...:thinking: With either Google profile I have the KPM extension installed from the Google Play store https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/kaspersky-password-manage/dhnkblpjbkfklfloegejegedcafpliaa & the KTS extension, also from the Google play store https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/kaspersky-protection/amkpcclbbgegoafihnpgomddadjhcadd The Google Chrome browser doesn't rely on a profile to install the extensions - once the extensions are installed, any profile that uses the browser has access to the addons/extensions. Are you able please to clarify and if you have screen images that define the issues and not mind posting those that would be super please? Maybe I've answered your second question re finding the "security plugin", but if not, any info images you're willing to provide please will help us understand and try to resolve you queries. Thanks so much!