Taskbar Appearance is changed to WinXP look when KTS upgraded to 20.0.14.1085(i) Version

Likersky

I am on Windows 7 Home Premium.

Recently my Kaspersky Total Security automatically upgraded to 20.0.14.1085(i) from “18.xxxxxxx”.

I noted my taskbar appearance/style is changed to WinXP look when KTS upgraded to the latest version 20.0.14.1085(i).

It was no problem with old version “18.xxxxxxx”.

I attach a screenshot below showing the taskbar appearance after KTS upgraded.

The taskbar will go back to normal when I uninstall KTS.

Is there a update to fix it?

Your help is much appreciated.

Hi, @FLOOD 

1st, the clock is alway slow even my pc is active.

2nd. this problem started after KTS upgraded on the same day.

I have checked the following after the issue found but nothing helped;

1. Time zone is correct.
  2. The box of “Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving time” is ticked on Time Zone Settings window.
  3. The driver updates for “System CMOS/real time clock” and “System Time” in Control panel was done.
  4. CMOS battery was replaced.
  5. Virus scan was done.

Thank you.

Hello @Likersky,  

Thank you for posting back👌

• You may wish to ask Kaspersky Technical Support, or you could wait until patch J, in case the issues are related and the patch fixes everything🤔
  • If you log the issue with the Technical Team, include a GSI & Windows Logs, a detailed history & images; Support may asked for Traces, they will guide you with the collection of these. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please let us know the outcome when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your suggestion.

The problem was resolved when KTS updated to the latest version -1085(j).

And for the time issue, it was fixed after the time in BIOS was manually reset yesterday. BTW the time reset in taskbar doesn’t help. I believe it was caused by KTS upgrade because this issue was first appeared on the day of KTS upgraded.