Spam management in Microsoft Outlook [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by The Shield,

Please please please!!!!!! put Kaspersky Spam back onto the the Microsoft Outlook toolbar. The current setup makes it necessary to enter incorrectly marked emails in Outlook edit mode to remove the incorrect header spam identifier and then to enter Kaspersky setup to modify it to prevent future similar emails being incorrectly marked. I have to do this numerous times a day.

• Solution
Welcome to the new Kaspersky Community. No chance at the moment. From Kaspersky Support: "We would like to inform you that with the introduction of the 2019 version, the Anti-Spam plugin in all versions of Outlook has been discontinued. That is why you no longer see it and even a re-installation would not work, it is by design. The reasons behind this decision are the decline in the number of customer using this feature and the fact that the majority of them use web-based email services. Bear in mind that this is the only change. The remaining parts of Anti-Spam will still be operating as usual (the component will be scanning and checking network traffic for spam). Mail Anti-Virus and its plugin were left intact, everything remains the same. Apologies for any inconvenience this might cause."

• 3 months later...
What a pity! Lots of questions about this topic and Kaspersky is still ignoring their customers. I can only shake my head about that. Kaspersky, please stop your apologies and put the plug-in back into the program, thank you!

Welcome. Two informative posts: https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/395697-kis-2019-missing-outlook-2016-anti-spam-add-in-merged/&do=findComment&comment=2804121 https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/395697-kis-2019-missing-outlook-2016-anti-spam-add-in-merged/&tab=comments#comment-2804326

Also, plus links posted above, If I'm not mistaken, Kaspersky removed the Anti-Spam plugin for Thunderbird many years ago, and it is still gone. Therefore, I don't think they will bring back the Anti-Spam plugin for Outlook. Unfortunately, Kaspersky has so far not mentioned the reasons for the removal of the plugin.

Hello Unipo, I read your comments, & those of Ken-Oz , Buddel, & the advice from The Shield & richbuff. It made me curious. I thought back to when Kaspersky ditched Outlook application - AntiSpam Filter, how grumpy I was about that unwise & (imo) not customer focused approach, at that point I stopped using MSOL Mail app & switched to OL via a web browser. However, today, especially after reading the information from richbuff's link, that redirects to a original forum post with (including) advice from harlan4096, I decided to see what was happening with my MSOL Mail app - my Kaspersky software is set at default settings, Mail Anti-Spam is on - again default settings. I'm not sure if I'm shocked/surprised or delighted: My inbox filled with mail tagged as [!! SPAM] (for privacy, I've censored personal detail) Kaspersky Anti-Spam Reports MSOL Mail Inbox If as the The Shield has advised: "Anti-Spam will still be operating as usual (the component will be scanning and checking network traffic for spam). Mail Anti-Virus and its plugin were left intact, everything remains the same", I can't remember what the plugin did that isn't being done. ---- Not sure if I would change back to using the MSOL Mail app again (imo), it consumes significant network resources, but, interesting to think about. Best regards.

"I can't remember what the plugin did that isn't being done". If you cannot remember, I will help a little bit: There is no SPAM Plugin in Outlook since KTS 2019 anymore! So me and a lot of other users had been able to decide within outlook if an incoming mail was spam or not. This had been an easy way to mark emails as "[!!SPAM]" or not and by just one click, the mail even had been sorted into the appropriate folder (the Spam-folder, or the Incoming Mails-folder). With the SPAM plugin in outlook this had been a user-friendly function. Now it is not anymore! It is even more work to sort emails, that had been marked as "[!! SPAM]" into the appropriate folder. (yes, I know I can use the rules in outlook to sort “[!!SPAM]”-marked email into the Spam-folder). But once in there and you decide, that they are not Spam-mails you have to first unmark (overwrite) the subject, and then move it to the incoming folder. And you have to do this by hand. Moreover email by email. This is not user-friendly! So if you can’t remember this functionality, you maybe never used it?

Users had been able to decide within outlook if an incoming mail was spam or not. This had been an easy way to mark emails as "[!!SPAM]" or not and by just one click, the mail even had been sorted into the appropriate folder (the Spam-folder, or the Incoming Mails-folder).
Hello Unipo, Thank you for replying comprehensively and refreshing my memory. Now, with your information, I absolutely do remember. I also remember how cranky I was when Kaspersky removed the feature. At that point I moved to using web based mail. I'm glad everybody is expressing their opinions on this and other topices. I've lost count to the times I've heard, from the Kaspersky team, "your issue" as if I'm the only person in the entire universe who's encountered whatever it is that's been raised. I also know, unfortunately, Kaspersky require us (meaning everybody who comes to the Community, myself included) to log "suggestions, changes, modifications, improvements", with the Kaspersky Lab Team, https://my.kaspersky.com/techsupport#/requests/new, use "I have a suggestion" or "Complaint" template; they definitely don't action requests via the Community portal, not the original Kaspersky Forum. ---- Thanks again for memory revival - much appreciated:pray_tone3:

Hi FLOOD, Many thanks for your approval! My opinion is that Kaspersky should very well look into the forums and not just rely on their templates, which should be filled out by the users. Why should customers do that? They do not work for Kaspersky! If the software does not meet the requirements, another one that is available in the market will be used. Here in Germany, Kaspersky's anti-virus software just slipped from one of the first seats to #8 (out of 8 ) in a test from a big computer magazine. Either Kaspersky hears closely what customers are saying and what their wishes are, or it just happens that Kaspersky loses market share. If they don’t believe that, let them continue and we'll see ...

My opinion is that Kaspersky should very well look into the forums and not just rely on their templates, which should be filled out by the users. Why should customers do that? They do not work for Kaspersky! If the software does not meet the requirements, another one that is available in the market will be used.Here in Germany, Kaspersky's anti-virus software just slipped from one of the first seats to #8 (out of 8 ) in a test from a big computer magazine. Either Kaspersky hears closely what customers are saying and what their wishes are, or it just happens that Kaspersky loses market share. If they don’t believe that, let them continue and we'll see ...
Hello Unipo :pray: You're very welcome, I happen to agree agree with you. I fail to understand why a Forum with .5 million users was euthanased? I dread the day the original Forum, such a valuable resource, is assigned to the black hole, which is it's intended fate, according to KCA. I fail to understand why hugely wonderful and knowledgable original Forum contributors disappeared off the face of the earth? Everytime I fill in an "improvement" template, I grind my teeth. .... the list is endless. --- On the other hand, if the only way to get things changed is to follow a process, irrespective of how dumb the process is, or how much of an abuse of Customer's goodwill, the requirements are, I do it in the vain hope that change will happen. Best regards.

• 4 months later...

Please please please!!!!!! put Kaspersky Spam back onto the the Microsoft Outlook toolbar. The current setup makes it necessary to enter incorrectly marked emails in Outlook edit mode to remove the incorrect header spam identifier and then to enter Kaspersky setup to modify it to prevent future similar emails being incorrectly marked. I have to do this numerous times a day.

I have given up on Kaspersky antispam and disabled it as I am now getting many emails incorrectly marked as SPAM. Its time to start looking for another product.

Hello  @Ken-Oz,

Welcome back, a timely return!

I had this feedback from Kaspersky just this week: 

From: Kaspersky Lab Support, Sent: Monday, 16 December 2019 18:04

“Anti-Spam

(1) Move to Folder: For versions 2019 and 2020, the add-in is no longer available for Outlook so the action shall not be performed.

(2) Copy to Folder: For versions 2019 and 2020, the add-in is no longer available for Outlook so the action shall not be performed.

(3) Delete: For versions 2019 and 2020, the add-in is no longer available for Outlook so the action shall not be performed.

(3) Skip: For versions 2019 and 2020, the add-in is no longer available for Outlook so the action shall not be performed.

(4) Mark as Read: For versions 2019 and 2020, the add-in is no longer available for Outlook so the action shall not be performed.

Probable spam: For versions 2019 and 2020, the add-in is no longer available for Outlook so the action shall not be performed.

(6) Copy to Folder: For versions 2019 and 2020, the add-in is no longer available for Outlook so the action shall not be performed.

(7) Delete: For versions 2019 and 2020, the add-in is no longer available for Outlook so the action shall not be performed.

Skip: For versions 2019 and 2020, the add-in is no longer available for Outlook so the action shall not be performed.

(8) Mark as Read: For versions 2019 and 2020, the add-in is no longer available for Outlook so the action shall not be performed.”

Needless to say the GUI still directs to documentation that says all the Anti-Spam features do work.

😡