software updater not loading

VelvetLess

Hello, I’m in need of help, when I load the front page of kaspersky it signals that one of my application needs to be updated, but when I try to open the software updater it remains stuck while loading itself, I tried reinstalling kaspersky and it did work for 10 minutes or so, but after that it stopped working again… what can I do to try to resolve that?
version 21.3.10.391 (b)

while i was checking in the assistance page of kaspersky it says that i run it on windows 10, while that is no longer true, might that be a possible source of problem?

thank you all...

Hello @VelvetLess, Welcome.

Please start a manual database update and restart your computer after successful execution.
This will install the latest patch, then you should have version 21.3.10.391 (g).

You may also get patch 'H', which fixes the wrong Win10 indicator. But this is only a cosmetic problem.

thank you for your help, I tried manually updating the database and i did restart my pc, but i still have the “b” version of the application… I might have misunderstood the directions…
I will add a picture of what i understood I should do, since I use the client in a different language I feel unsure about my actions, is the procedure I have to execute the one I am highlighting?

Hello @VelvetLess,

the manual says:

Per eseguire un aggiornamento dei database e dei moduli dell'applicazione:

1. Aprire la finestra principale dell'applicazione e fare clic sul pulsante Aggiornamento database.

Verrà visualizzata la finestra Aggiornamento database.

2. Nella finestra Aggiornamento database fare clic sul pulsante Aggiorna.

Did you perform this?
Can you please post a screenshot of the corresponding window?

Hello @VelvetLess

Thank you for posting back!

Yes, correct: Aggiornare i database e i moduli dell'applicazione

It’s unusual, if KTS has been uninstalled & reinstalled, for it to still be on the old patch (b).

When you uninstalled, were all checkboxes left blank/empty except for License information, exactly as in the following image:

1. Could we trouble you to uninstall again, following each step in: How to remove a Kaspersky application for Windows please? 
  2. At the end of the uninstall, make sure the computer is rebooted, shutdown. 
  3. Check whether any applications installed on your computer are incompatible with Kaspersky Total Security?
  4. Download a new KTS installer from the How to install Kaspersky Total Security page. 
  5. Continue with How to install Kaspersky Total Security from the installation file
  6. At the completion of the install run a manual database update - allow it to complete. 
  7. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KTS is running, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About → please let us know which patch has been applied? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hi @Schulte, 🙇 , seems we’re online at the same time! Cheers. 

hello @Berny, I tried doing as you said but I still find myself in patch “b”, I probably didn’t resolve the issue with reinstalling because I didn’t uninstall the previous version of the application and only overwrote it, I will try to uninstall completely and reinstall after a reboot of the computer…

thank you.

Hello @VelvetLess,

Thank you for posting back!

Well done👏

1. Yes, please run another manual Database update, allow it to complete.
  2. Then shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KTS is running, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About → please let us know which patch has been applied, if it’s patch(g), that’s very good; patch(h) only got released on Jan 31st & it is being rolled out progressively, around the world, over the next fortnight, so, it may not be ready for your location, but, if we can get patch (g) on your machine, that will be excellent.

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

I can’t find anymore the letter indicating the version of the app

Please see the link I provided you above : https://support.kaspersky.com/15594#21.3.10.391h
“If the patch wasn't installed, wait for a few days. The patch is distributed gradually. To complete the patch installation successfully, computer reboot is required. If you don't reboot the computer in seven days after the application receives the patch, the icon on the Windows taskbar will turn red.”

Can you please during a few days proceed with a manual  Database update + Reboot.

Hello @VelvetLess,

another user has reported whose product only updates up to patch 'B'.

I suspect an error in the patch distribution.
Maybe you can help me to report it to the support:
Please copy the following line, open a CMD window, paste it and press 'Enter'.

reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP21.3\environment /v UpdateTarget

The result should look something like this:

I am interested in the number in the output, for me '200'.
What is your result?

Hello @Schulte, I did as you suggested but I still find myself in the same situation, where I do not have any letter indicating the patch as below

May I have to uninstall and reinstall the application again?

Also, I found this report (image below) while trying to find other sources for the patch version, might it be a part of the problem?

thank you for your help.

I noticed that it is a few days old so it may be already resolved…

Edit: I would hide the pictures to make the discussion more readable but I have no idea of how to do so…