Smartphone, Problem with CamScanner app being a risk? [Closed]

Dkenn
Go to solution Solved by Berny,

I've received two notices from Kaspersky about CamScanner being a risk. I've used this app for years.
Hello Dkenn Welcome! Please tell us: 1 Operating system name? version? build? 2 KIS version? patch(x)? x = letter 3 CamScammer - publisher/developer? version? 4 Are you able to upload an image of the KIS alerts/notices please?
  1. To answer, "What's changed that's suddenly causing a problem?", question, sometimes software changes, that can mean the software, previously classified as safe, no longer meets the same criteria set by Kaspersky.
  2. Kaspersky continuously updates classifications & signatures.
  3. At other times a false positive can occur, if you're able to provide 1. to 5. please, we'll be able to give you more specific advice.
5 One other question, please tell us: is KIS is free or licensed? The reason we ask this is: Kaspersky free software has limitations (certain configurable options are unavailable) and no Technical Support. If we know this in advance, we won't waste your time advising you to contact Technical Support Please post back? Thank you:pray_tone3:

, Same here Same here! Camscanner, installed from Google Play on Samsung Galaxy S9. I received the same error Kaspersky CamScanner, alerts CamScanner.
Dkenn, ronblack0302, PewPewVP9, Rashed, Welcome! Note: The install information, step (5) is based on CamScanner - Scanner to scan PDF, Free, Updated, 21 August 2019, if you use another Camscanner product, please let me know? Please follow these steps: (1) IF, Camscanner was installed from somewhere OTHER THAN GooglePlayStore, or, if the installed CamScanner is not CamScanner - Scanner to scan PDF, Free, Updated, 21 August 2019 (1a) Uninstall CamScanner (1b) Power off mobile, using "shutdown" method, not restart. (2) When Android is off, power on. (3) Make sure KIS application is active. (4) Run a KIS, FULL scan - allow full scan to complete - do not use the mobile for any other activity while the scan is running. (5) From GooglePlayStore, install latest version of Camscanner. (6) Power off mobile, using "shutdown" method, not restart. (6a) When Android is off, power on. (7) Make sure KIS application is active. (8) Run a KIS, FULL scan - allow full scan to complete - do not use the mobile for any other activity while the scan is running.
  1. IF KIS detects CamScanner - Scanner to scan PDF, Free, Updated, 21 August 2019, follow these steps:
(9) Scan Camscanner installer using Kaspersky Lab Virus Desk (10) IF KLVD, states Camscanner installer is safe, submit for analysis and (10a) Contact Kaspersly Lab Technical Support - select: Location, select: Virus removal, select from available options, Phone support, if it's available in your location, Online Chat, if it's available in your location, Log a request, via the MyKaspersky web portal. (11) IF KLVD, confirms KIS detection, or reports, Camscanner installer is "unknown", follow (10a) procedure. Please keep us updated? Thanks!

I performed steps 1 to 8. Step 9 cannot be done because the base.apk size exceeds 50MB. Hello janusz258, Welcome! Thanks for posting back. (10a) Contact Kaspersly Lab Technical Support - select: Location, select: Virus removal, select from available options, Phone support, if it's available in your location, Online Chat, if it's available in your location, Log a request, via the MyKaspersky web portal. Thank you.

it seems to me that the CamScanner - Scanner to scan PDF application has been removed from Google Play.
Update:
After analyzing the app, we saw an advertising library in it that contains a malicious dropper component. Previously, a similar module was often found in preinstalled malware on Chinese-made smartphones. It can be assumed that the reason why this malware was added was the app developers’ partnership with an unscrupulous advertiser. Kaspersky solutions detect this malicious component as Trojan-Dropper.AndroidOS.Necro.n. We reported to Google company about our findings, and the app was promptly removed from the Google Play.
https://securelist.com/dropper-in-google-play/92496/