Sites not loading fully

Rom_BR

After some update (Chrome + Edge and/or Totay Security, many sites doesn’t fully load, without videos or pictures.

Seems like a “problem” with the Private Navigation”.

Example:

https_://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-playstation-5-ray-tracing-software-analysis

All Youtube videos only appears if “allow data collect” was enabled.

This problem happens with a lot of sites, blocking images and videos.

With Blocker On

With Blocker Off

As you can see, the videos are not loading with the private collection of data turned on.

But now, to test, i tried to open that in my phone with Edge (without KTS), and Edge blocks it too, but show what happened (instead of a white square): “To see this content please enable targeting cookies.” (inside the site settings).

KTS is blocking before the site could read the sites’s cookie settings.

It’s in portuguese, but with this “blocked” the videos are showing white.

If this is “allowed”, on Chrome the videos load, in Edge are blocked because on “site cookies settings” i only allowed the basic and mandatory cookies (targered cookies turned off)

Hello @Rom_BR,

Also, please view eurogamer tests:

https://youtu.be/vMAR2O662OQ

https://youtu.be/xgBuvF6o-8Y

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi!

Sorry to not be clear, i’m using the Edge-Chromium based on the second test rsrs.

But at start (when i created the post) i cannot ever see that was a “targeted cookies needed to be turned on” settings, because from one day to another the Eurogamer site started with that all white… the reason that i opened the thread here rs. 

Seems like this problem occurs in other sites too, maybe Google change anything in the way Youtube embbeded videos works, crashing the KTS “block data collection in this site”…. I enternet on “uol.com.br” and clicked on the first link with “video” and this happens too:

https://www.uol.com.br/nossa/videos/2020/06/20/como-cortar-legumes-e-batatas-fritas-como-um-chef-aprenda-as-tecnicas.htm

The video only shows if the “enable data collection in this site” are enabled.

Hello @Rom_BR,

You’re welcome!

Our videos show the Cookie permissions popup does not display if Private browsing is enabled, however, even with both Private browsing & Anti-Banner disabled, the videos on eurogamer will not load until the Cookie permissions are granted:

Private browsing ON

Anti-banner ON 

Private browsing OFF, Cookie popup

Private browsing still OFF, all cookies accepted - videos show

Given the new information, will test again with Edge Chromium & uol.com.br. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

@FLOOD thanks for the answer!

But i will have to add an exclusion or disable private browsing on EVERY site that has a Youtube video embbeded?

There’s no way to KTS enable what the video needed to shows itself without enable the other trackings?

In both links i provided, i don’t think that disabling all Private Browsing features to see the entire site (with the videos) it’s a good option..

So there’s a way to KTS could handle better this kind of thing?

Thanks again

Hello @Rom_BR,

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for updating us👌

In the eurogamer instance PB was blocking the cookie popup but not the videos, for uol, PB was a factor.

• 1 To enable us to test further, please provide 10 more URLs where the video blocked problem is happening, not euogamer & uol, select completing different sites & also specify which browser, for example: site x in Edge Chromium, not Google Chrome, IE, Firefox, site y, in EC & GC, not IE & FF, site d in FF, not EC, IE & GC etc  → please add the URLs/browser information to a text file (*.txt) and attach the .txt file to your reply, rather than post all the URLs in your topic?
  • 2 Also, please tell us if possible, a date the issue began? 
  • 3 Specifically, which update (do you think) was responsible? 
  • 4 Please run & post GSI & Windows Logs

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳