Since Upgrade to KIS2020 Embedded YouTube Vids Do Not Play [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello @twinkie

Welcome!

Please tell us:

1. Operating system name, version & build?
  2. KIS20 version & patch(x)? x = letter
  3. Before upgrading KIS20 was a software compatibility check run? 
  4. Before installing KIS20 was the previous AV uninstalled according to documented procedures? 
  5. To help me understand, what is meant by “embedded”, are the YouTube videos saved locally or accessed via a browser? If “accessed via browser”, does the issue exist irrespective of browser used? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi Flood, Thanks for advice. 

Running Windows10 for Home

KIS Ver 20.0.14.1085(h)

No compatibility check ran by me before running update, which was a recommendation from the Kaspersky Home Screen, however, the update process did run a check, and turned up MalwareBytes being incompatible. I did remove MalwareBytes and completed the update.

By embedded YouTube, I mean videos that have been embedded into forums and other sites from YouTube.

If you need more info, I’m watching this thread. Thanks!

Hello @twinkie

You’re welcome!

Thank you for replying👌

The Kaspersky Chrome app is the Kaspersky Protection extension,

it’s been available in previous versions, with KIS20, Kaspersky now “announce” it and show it as a Recommendation if it’s not installed. 

1. Does the “Embedded YouTube Vids do not play”  issue happen irrespective of browser used? 
  2. For a site where the issue exists, if Private Browsing & Anti-Banner are “allowed”, do the embedded videos still not play? 
  3. May I have several embedded URL examples please? 
  4. May I have a GSI & Windows Logs please?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @twinkie

Thank you👌

• ➡ Please provide me the link that Learn more redirects to?

My Chrome Version 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit) test result of Canal Cam, with Kaspersky Protection extension enabled & Private Browsing & Anti-Banner both enabled:

Canal Cam

SepticTank

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Flood, 

The issue is YouTube does not like AdBlockPlus. 

Here is a link to the question on YouTube’s Community; the resolution is down page:  https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/10329866?hl=en

Per that community’s resolution, I uninstalled AdBlockPlus extension and reinstalled it - voila! 

I’m relieved to discover it’s not Kaspersky’s issue; I have been a satisfied user for several years, and look forward to many more. 

Thanks for your assistance! 

• Solution

Hello @twinkie

You’re very welcome👌

Thank you for the update!

⛔ MBAM & Zemana ZAM Guard Driver are showing as software conflicts, see attached file.

• 1 Use Malwarebytes-Support-Tool to fully uninstall MBAM.
  • 2 Uninstall  Zemana.
  • 3 Run the system in SafeMode & clean the following Temp folders:

C:\Windows\Temp

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

• 4Return to Normal Mode.
  • 5 Export all browser Bookmarks.
  • 6 Run KIS Privacy Wizard, select all recommendations.
  • 7 Shutdown & restart computer using Shutdown, not Restart. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Flood, 

I hate to bother you again. I am having trouble deleting these 2 zam files: 

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\zam64.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\zamguard64.sys

There is no file folder or other reference to these two files other than these two loose files in Sys32.

I have located them, however I receive a message they are in use. There is no information on what file, program or app is using them. Any ideas? 

Hello @twinkie

There’s no problem, we’re happy & here to be “bothered”☺

1. Before manually removing any Zemana files was uninstall Zemana via Windows Programs & Features run? 
  2. In (Windows) TaskManager, are there any active processes that match Zemana?
  3. If system is in SafeMode, can the Zemana files be removed?
  4. Continuing with the GSI, copy Hosts file C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts, change the extension to .txt, attach to your reply please?

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Flood, 

Sorry it took so long! 

I did follow steps 1-7, and I believe we have success! 

Those two files did indeed have to be deleted in Safe Mode; and when I did it, I had to restart and go into Safe Mode with Networking, to run KIS to clean the

C:\Windows\Temp

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp Files. That is what took so long! 

I did export the bookmarks, and ran the KIS Privacy Wizard, shut down and turned back on. 

One final question, do I re-import the bookmarks, or what do I do with the exported bookmark file? 

I really appreciate your assistance, and patience with me. I’ve learned lots about Win10 during this ‘cleanup’! 

Hello @twinkie,

You’re most welcome👌 !

I’m very happy to help, it’s great the Zemana issue is sorted and it’s very pleasing to read you’ve learned lots during the process☺

• When the Privacy Wizard was run was every Recommendation selected?

If “yes”, all Browser bookmarks will have been removed, import the exported Bookmarks files back into the browsers to restore the Bookmarks. 

➡ I would like to see the Hosts file please: 

• copy Hosts file C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts, change the extension to .txt, the file is then hosts.txt, attach📎 hosts.txt to your reply please?

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Good Morning! 

Back online after an ISP outage. 

When I ran the Privacy Wizard, there were no Recommendations to select. All my Bookmarks are still in place in Chrome, and I have them as an .html file, too. 

This is what I have from C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts: