Signing-in to uktvplay

Go to solution Solved by mikethebike,

Thanks Schulte. presumably if I disable Anti-Banner that disables Anti-banner for all sites  and not just the site I have mentioned so once I have left the site in question I need to restore the Anti-Banner ? 

Under Private Browsing there appears to be a means of adding a site such as the site in questíon so I can simply add it which I think is what most sites refer to as "whitelisting" 

Have I understood this correctly? 

mikethebike 

Hello @mikethebike,

yes, you got it right.

My idea was that you first disable Anti-Banner globally for all websites.
If the affected page can then be accessed in this way, it is clear what is preventing access to the page.
If it was not successful, enable Anti-Banner again and disable Private Browsing globally. Test the page again. If it now works, the cause has been identified and you can re-enable both options (globally).
Depending on which of the modules is preventing access, create an exception for this URL only.

Anti-Banner:
Settings->Protection->Anti-Banner->Allowed banners->Add

Spoiler

grafik.thumb.png.6abb7e48b4f3b46a0677fc6c6df1c74b.png

Private browsing:
Settings->Protection->Private Browsing->Categories and exclusions->Exclusions->Add

Spoiler

grafik.thumb.png.5384de088679906b8c4c5c46c34bb0d4.png

Spoiler

grafik.thumb.png.e3bc4f88f391168dcc8f742f227c3286.png

I hope that one of the exceptions helps (or both together).

• Solution

Thanks for the reply and sorry I haven't replied sooner as I thought I had

I thought I had already done everything you suggested but for some reason it seemed I failed to add the website to my "whitelist"  since once I tried again it appeared to have worked and everything is OK 

So in case anyone else experiences this issue then I can say that the whitelisting was enough by itself in the case if this website 

Many thanks 

mikethebike