Sharing violation while saving excel file

Go to solution Solved by Berny,

I am using Kaspersky Total Security, Excel 2010, and Windows 10.

When I try to save excel files I am getting an error message “File …… cannot be saved because of a sharing violation, try saving it in a different name”

Saving to another name also is not possible because of same issue.  It says its because of antivirus program installed.  This is in my home PC which uses no networks.  Using only wifi for internet.

Hello @Dileep M.V.,

Welcome!

1. May we have an image of the  “File cannot be saved because of a sharing violation, try saving it in a different name” error message please?
  2. Has “save excel files” ever worked or is “File cannot be saved because of a sharing violation, try saving it in a different name” error message new?
  3. Does “File cannot be saved because of a sharing violation, try saving it in a different name” error message persist if KTS is paused and exited? 
  4. Is Use Sharing Wizard ticked✔

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I think so.  the error message is attached

Can you please check in your Kaspersky detailed reports if there is an alert.
Also , can you please pause temporally Kaspersky , then reproduce the problem  and to check if this issue is persisting.

@ FLOOD

1. Error message attached
  2. I was able to save excel files.  I was using AVG free anti virus earlier.  At that time also this sharing error appeared.  As excel was showing it may be a problem with antivirus, I thought to buy a fully functional and bought Kaspersky.  Uninstalled AVG and installed Kaspersky.  Still the same error message appears. But some times, it gets saved without an error message as well.  But most of the times its not saving.  I am not able to save it in a different name also.
  3. It persists even I paused Kaspersky
  4. The sharing wizard is ticked.
  5. And Now, I tried renaming my file and it vanished.  I am not able to retrieve it.

Please help.  I am not an expert in computers

It persists even I paused Kaspersky

We would like to help you but unfortunately   in this case we can’t assist you  to fix an Excel 2010  problem. We amicably close this Topic , but if however you discover any Kaspersky related issue please send me a Private Message  and i will unlock your Topic.

• 2 years later...

Hi, I'm having the same issue trying to save an Excel 2010 document, which uses a data source from another application (DDE Server).

I tried adding both excel and the DDE application (profitchart.exe) to the trusted applications, however the problem persists.

I know it's a Kaspersky issue because if I pause the protection the document starts saving normally again.

Please help,

Thanks.

img1.png

img2.png

img3.png

Edited by Augusto

30 minutes ago, Augusto said:

Hi, I'm having the same issue trying to save an Excel 2010 document, which uses a data source from another application (DDE Server). I tried adding both excel and the DDE application (profitchart.exe) to the trusted applications, however the problem persists. I know it's a Kaspersky issue because if I pause the protection the document starts saving normally again.

Hello @Augusto

Welcome!

1. Which Windows OS version & build?
  2. Which Kaspersky product (name), version & patch(x), x=letter, is installed, on the Windows taskbar, or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  3. Are excel & DDE added to File Anti-virus, Threats & exclusions, Trusted applications or somewhere else? 
  4. Has the issue been raised with Kaspersky Support

Please let us know?

Thank you?

Flood? +?

Resources:

Read before you create a new topic! by Danila T.

Threats and Exclusions