self signed cert notification when opening web browsermodbreak [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I've recently started using Kaspersky Internet Security Antivirus and every time I open my browser (Microsoft Edge (Chromium version)) I'm presented with a security pop up (lower right corner in the attached image) where I need to press "continue" a couple of times in order for it to disappear after prompting me to confirm. There's some kind of a problem with the certificate.

Hello bullFroggie, Welcome! Thank you for the screen print. In the KIS reports window, can you please export "Web AntiVirus" report for the period where the errors present, then, from the exported text file, find, copy & paste the certificate error information back here please? Note, there may be many entries of the same error, only one example is needed unless, the error information differs. Also, may we have a GetSystemInfo (GSI) please? https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/3632 Thank you!

Also, in addition to what FLOOD indicates in the post located above this post, Chromium based Edge is in beta form and as such I would not expect compatibility until the browsers release is final which won't be for some time yet. Just because the protection extension works on Chrome does not automatically mean it will work on Chromium based Edge. I could be wrong, but I cannot remember a time where Kaspersky officially supported a product still in early beta.

Here's the certificate error information from the report that you've asked for FLOOD 15.05.2019 11.34.27 SSL connection with invalid certificate detected 1073e2ed-8a24-f261-3a97-1612ee9825da Certificate issued for: 1073e2ed-8a24-f261-3a97-1612ee9825da Certificate error: Self-signed certificate Application: Microsoft Edge Time: 5/15/2019 11:34 AM Also, here's the GSI (I wasn't sure how to attach the compressed file here, therefore I've put a link where you can download it from) GSI

• Solution
Hello BullFroggie, Thank you for the data. Does the issue happen when using original Edge browser or only with Chromium-based Edge? Irrespective of which Edge browser you're using, some of Kaspersky's utilities do not work with Edge - there are bug requests raised & under investigation with KLAB. Specific to the certificate issue, if the issue exists when using original Edge browser please let us know? If it's only with Chromium-based Edge, (that, as Superssjdan, correctly advised, is a beta release), we'll have to wait for Edge Chromium to be officially released & retest the certificate issue. Thanks.