Secure Keyboard, Windows 7 and KIS2020

Seeing a link on another topic about Secure Keyboard Limitations in 2020 has confused me and prompted me to ask the following question: I currently have KIS 19.0.0.1088(h), Window 7 but have ticked for automatic upgrade to KIS2020 . I am now worried by the statement in the link mentioned in my first sentence that says: Protection does not work if your computer is running under Windows 7 and the field is not a password entry field I use the Secure Keyboard in both Safe Money sites and other sites occasionally. My concern is if KIS automatically upgrades me to KIS2020 and I still use Windows 7 will I still be able to use Secure Keyboard if the field is a password entry field? I do not find the K articles easy to understand and cannot really work out under what circumstances an automatic upgrade to KIS2020 while I still have Windows 7 Thanks mikethebike

Hello mikethebike, Welcome! Please provide the url(s) / links to the articles you have been reading please? Also, please show an image of "Protection does not work if your computer is running under Windows 7 and the field is not a password entry field " Thank you.
Thanks for the reply It was your link KIS 2020 Secure Keyboard Input limitations and the wording is as my quote in the topic. I am sorry but when it comes to manipulating computers I really don't know what I need to do. I have copied and pasted the link but I am unsure if this gives the url How do I show an image of the quote? I really need some help on "how to" in terms of the requests you have made Thanks mikethebike

Hello mikethebike. Thank you for replying. Re: "Protection does not work if opysys is Win7 and the field is not a password entry field", translated, as well as the other criteria defined on the page - Secure Keyboard Input works (Win7/Supported browsers), in fields that ARE password entry fields: Firefox browser
  1. Bank site
  1. Facebook
  1. Google account login - Secure Keyboard Input doesn't work
---
  1. IE works, the same as above.
  2. Chrome @ this stage does not work - still with Kaspersky experts.
  3. Edge - I don't know, haven't tested, my Win10 device died, I'm currently recovering.
I'm not sure which requests you're referring to, however, there's no need for an image as you've clarified the source documents & the quote. Thank you.

Thanks for taking the trouble to try and help me. I am sure it is me who may be slow to comprehend but I had a bit of difficulty following your examples in terms of what this means for my situation. Can I say what I think you mean and ask that you confirm? I use Chrome and Safe Money and as I said I am still on KIS 2019. On my online banking site and other sites such as Amazon and other online retailers where I make payments I enter these in Safe Money. Once in any of my Safe Money sites I use the Secure Keyboard to login in. Currently on KIS 2019 I find that on any Safe Money site I can only get the Secure Keyboard by simultaneously pressing Shift,Ctrl and Alt keys with P to obtain the Secure Keyboard. This is not a problem for me to do this I think that you are saying that currently if my browser is Google Chrome I lose the Secure Keyboard facility and if for example tomorrow the auto update setting were to upgrade me to KIS 2020, I could still get into my Safe Money site but would have to use the actual keyboard and not the Secure Keyboard?. Kaspersky however recognises this as a problem and is working to resolve this issue with Chrome? Have you any idea how long it will take K to resolve this and will K still upgrade me to 2020 even if this problem has not been fixed? Secondly on other sites which I do not have in my Safe Money list but in which I still use the Secure Keyboard to login simply by pressing the green icon which brings up the Secure Keyboard, will the Secure Keyboard not be available if I am upgraded to 2020? If I lose the benefit of the Secure Keyboard on all these sites including those not in Safe Money will this also be resolved by K engineers? Currently it would seem that a switch to 2020 disadvantages me as it presumably does all other KIS users who use Chrome Thanks again for your trouble mikethebike

(A) Currently on KIS 2019, on any Safe Money site, I can only get Secure Keyboard by simultaneously pressing: Shift, Ctrl and Alt keys + P. (B) I think that you are saying that currently, if my browser is Google Chrome I lose the Secure Keyboard facility? (C) If, auto update setting were to upgrade (KIS) to KIS 2020, I could still get into Safe Money site, but, would have to use the actual keyboard and not the Secure Keyboard? (D) Kaspersky however recognises this as a problem and is working to resolve this issue with Chrome?
Hello mikethebike, Your very welcome. I'm very happy to work with you.
  1. (A) Why?
Ways to activate SafeMoney Secure Keyboard (other than Shift, Ctrl and Alt keys + P) 1. Thru KIS (application) SafeMoney 2. Thru (browser) KIS Protection extension
  1. (B)
The issue in not SafeMoney Secure Keyboard (1) The issue is Secure Data Input "popup", in secure fields the Secure Data Input "popup" should be visible (2) The second related issue is, minuscule Keyboard that "sometimes" displays in profile/password fields, the "sometimes" is the problem, in secure fields the mini KB should be visible.
  1. (C)
(a) Yes (b) No.
  1. (D)
Popup/mini Keyboard issues have been with the Lab since 2018 - I suggest we (all) don't hold our breath (unfortunately). Hope this helps? Please clarify (A)? Thank you, all the best:pray_tone3: --- The Secure Keyboard Input limitations in Kaspersky Internet Security 20 documentation, remains relevant:
  1. KIS Secure Keyboard Input component operates with the following limitations:
  2. The feature supports Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Firefox ESR and Google Chrome.
  3. To use Secure Keyboard , Kaspersky Protection extension must be installed in the browser.
  4. Protection only works for the pages that meet the following requirements:
  5. The page is in the list of URLs or category that require input protection.
  6. The page is opened in the Protected Browser.
  7. The page is not in the exclusions list.
  8. The page contains the password entry field, and the Password entry fields on all websites checkbox is selected in the application settings.
  9. To check if the checkbox is selected, got to Advanced → Secure Keyboard Input. In the Secure Keyboard Input section, click Edit categories.
  1. Protection only works for the fields that meet the following requirements:
  2. The field is single-line and corresponds to the HTML tag.
  3. The type attribute value is not hidden, the display item does not have the value “none” in CSS styles.
  4. The field is not of the submit, radio, checkbox, button, or image type.
  5. The field is not read-only.
  6. The field can be edited (focused upon).
  7. If the field has the maxlength attribute, you must enter at least three characters.
  8. Protection does not work under the following conditions:
  9. Google Japanese Input or ATOK is installed.
  10. Your computer is running Windows 7 and the field is not a password entry field.
  11. Browser is open through Sandboxie.
  12. Autofill does not work in Internet Explorer.
  13. After the installation of Kaspersky Internet Security, until the first computer reboot the application does not intercept the first character entered by the user (in all applications).
How to protect data entered from the keyboard with Kaspersky Internet Security 20

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to have delayed replying for so long but your very comprehensive reply to what may have been an over-complicated question on my part led to some difficulties in my  working out what your answers meant and I decided to leave it for a while

The key concern I had was whether an auto upgrade to KIS2020 would give me problems using Safe Money and I believe what you said was NO. In fact KIS 2020 using Windows 7 still gives me full access to Safe Money

As part of my explanation I mentioned that I had no green K shield when using any of my listed Safe Money sites and thus could not click on the shield to activate the Secure  Keyboard whereas the green shield was present on sites outside of my Safe Money

This puzzled you, I think, as I assume this was not normal  The green shield should have been there

No green shield has remained the situation until today when for whatever reason I went into Safe Money for online banking and the green shield was there. Lack of a green shield has been the situation on all the Safe Money sites for many months and I have made no changes. 

Have you any idea why suddenly the green shield has returned? This was a separate topic I had raised a long time ago and while I got answers from other users as to how to get the Secure Keyboard such as pressing Shift,Ctrl,Alt and P I never got to the reason why the green shield went missing in the first place

So if you have any ideas as to why it has returned I would be interested Many thanks again for the trouble you took to cover my initial questions

I think I remain on the same version as before which is KIS 19.0.0. 1088(h)

Thanks

mikethebike

Hello @mikethebike,

Also, according to: Kaspersky Lab (Technical Team), Sent: Wednesday, 23 October 2019 16:58,

their advise is:  

"The virtual keyboard icon is no longer available for Google Chrome of versions 69 onwards.

The feature requires script injection (by Kaspersky) which is now restricted in the browser.

We have also received news that that Mozilla will be applying similar restriction in Firefox also, resulting in the loss of the virtual keyboard icon as well."

May I have some URLs, from sites that do & do not work, I’d like to test please?

Please post back?

Thank you

Thanks. I have just checked and all my Safe Money sites now have the green K shield I cannot say definitely that none worked previously as it may have been along time since I used some of the sites but I can say for definite that the following that I have used recently did not have the green shield and now do.

www. paypal.com ; www.argos.co.uk  www.amazon.uk www.halifax-onlinewww.gov.uk/vehicle

For some reason after Paypal when I type the  rest they go green but I have no reason why. What I also know is that what the Kaspersky Lab have told you is wrong - at least in my case. All of the sites I visit apart from those in the Safe Money list have always had the green shield and Chrome has had several versions since 69. I am now on the latest Chrome which is now 78.0.3904.70. What I cannot say is whether this latest version of Chrome has now corrected the problem as I cannot be sure when Chrome changed to this latest version( last week is my guess)  and thus I cannot say that I have not tried a Safe Money site since the change but it would appear that if K Lab is right that the problem lies with Chrome then clearly it corrected the issue in the last few days

If K Lab is right about Chrome being the problem with sites listed under Safe Money( I have given information that says it is wrong about it applying to all sites) then I would have expected those users of KIS with Chrome to have been complaining about no K green shield since Chrome changed from version version 69

There would appear to be some statements made by K Lab or reported by K Lab as being the Chrome  response that are irreconcilable with at least my experience

Thanks

mkethebike  

Hello @mikethebike,

Your post seems to be evolving, I’m not clear which issues are current, may I have images of each issue please? 

Is the (original) issue, that you do not see the tiny keyboard ⌨  in SafeMoney ID & Password fields or in normal Chrome browser fields or something else? 

Re the “wrong” advice, they frequently give wrong/conflicting and contradictory “qualified” advice. 

Thank you🙏

We appear to be speaking at cross purposes. Let me clarify that I am now only talking about the lack of the green shield on my Safe Money sites list until a few days ago. It may be that the minuscule keyboard icon was removed by Chrome as far back as version 69. I cannot remember. However this didn’t matter to me as the K green shield was there on the Safe Money sites and it is by clicking onto the green shield, once I have arrived at the Safe Money site, that I have the option of the Secure Keyboard. Once the Green Shield had disappeared as well and it disappeared many months ago, leaving only a grey shield instead I was then required to use the Shift, Crtrl etc buttons to get the Secure Board. I did raise a topic on this many months ago when the green shield icon disappeared and got help from other users who told me of the Shift Crtrl  etc buttons to bring up the Secure Keyboard Unfortunately I think all those old topics disappeared when the site was re-configured by K If it is possible to search the archives then we can find the date of my topic on this loss of the Green Shield but assuming there is still an archive I don’t know to access it

The Green Shield icon never disappeared from other sites which were not on my Safe Money sites list. Yesterday I used a Safe Money site and the Green Shield had re-appeared. I tested all my list of Safe Money sites and the Green Shield had re-appeared on all of them

So I now have easy access to the Secure Keyboard via the green shield options for which I am grateful and as I said yesterday I believe you answered my concerns about losing Safe Money as I have Windows 7 when I get upgraded to KIS2020 so we can now forget about those concerns

So my sole question is: Do you know what happened in the last few days to return the Green Shield to the Safe Money sites?

As I said, I remain on my current KIS package which is 19.0.0.1088(h) so nothing has changed there

Thanks

mikethebike    

Hello @mikethebike,

By green shield, I take it you mean the Kaspersky Protection extension? 

• What is the Kaspersky Protection extension version that’s installed in your Chrome browser?

• To find your topics/replies, hover your mouse over your Avatar, a popup shows Topic (3), Replies (34), clicking on your Avatar/name takes you to https://community.kaspersky.com/members/mikethebike-738, your profile, your topics, your replies and everything else (specific to you).

• I believe (your) topic, from 6months ago, is: Chrome Extension 20.0.543.401 v Chrome Extension 5.1.93.0

https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-internet-security-13/chrome-extension-20-0-543-401-v-chrome-extension-5-1-93-0-704#post2953

Thank you

Thanks for the reply:

Yes I am referring to the green icon that you have put the red square around in your first screen shot. I said shield but more accurately it is a green hexagonal with a tick inside

My Kaspersky  Protection Extension installed in my Chrome browser is : 20.0.543.1418

I now know how to get to my details and thanks but the topic to which I refer that I raised many months ago does not seem to be there. As I said, didn’t K change the forum and in that change removed all the previous topics?. So either those topics have now gone permanently or they were archived. If archived then are they accessible and if so how?  

mikethebike

Hello   @mikethebike,

Regarding “missing” topic, please raise the issue with Community Admin (by) raising a specific “Community Issues” question

FYI, you’ve been a Community member since 8th of April 2019, your 1st topic was raised on the 13th of April, 2019:  https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-internet-security-13/i-checked-on-my-chrome-extension-as-well-and-discovered-another-issue-601, your 1st reply was (on) the 8th of April 2019.

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply. Now I have given what my version of my K protection is on Chrome can I take it that I have the latest version and there is nothing further for me to do on this aspect?

Can I also take it that the reason why I now have the green K protection icon on my Safe Money sites is something that it is not possible for you to answer?  I am not trying to criticise you or the forum if there is no answer to my question I am simply trying to confirm that you do not know of the reason.

As far as being a member of the Community as it is now known I am sure you are right about the date of my membership but there was a forum before the change and I did have topics prior to the date you mention which I will need to raise with Community Admin as you suggested if the Community Admin still has access to this large content of topics 

Can you just confirm that there was a K forum prior to the change to what is now called  Community and can you say if that forum content was simply deleted? The reason I ask this of you is that if the content of the previous forum was deleted and you can confirm this then there would seem to be no point in raising my pre 8th April 2019 membership and topics raised prior to my new Community membership as no record of those topics will exist.

I have a feeling that when the new Community was established there was an explanation of why this change was needed  and that previous topics were/had to be deleted but it is only a feeling hence my request in the previous paragraph 

Thank you 

mikethebike

Thanks for reply. Good to know there is an archive. As you may have seen, my topic to which I was referring in our correspondence was the last topic in my archived topics called “Enabling The Secure Keyboard in KIS2019 “  At the risk of sounding like a stuck long playing record it is this issue referred to in that topic that remained the same until a few days ago when suddenly the green icon re-appeared on Safe Money sites

I may never need to refer to this archived site again but how do I call it up if needed or is this something that I need to request of Community Admin?

If you can answer my question in the preceding paragraph then I feel we can close this topic. I will assume that my K protection extension in Chrome is up to date and requires no further action on my part and that there is no answer on why the green icon has fortunately re-appeared

If I were to speculate and that is all I can do, it suggests to me that Chrome did something that has corrected the problem and that is as close to an answer as we can ever get to.

Thanks

mikethebike