Secure Browser bookmarks gone/replaced.

Using Win10, using Firefox:  If you are familiar with the secure browser (SafeMoney), this is a window, a separate window with a green border that will open (if you choose) when going to your financial websites.  This browser contained its own set of bookmarks, different from the regular browser.  All those bookmarks are now MIA.  They were replaced with ALL of the bookmarks from the  regular Firefox browser.  They cannot be found, and I have searched.  This recent discovery of my missing bookmarks coincides with my noticing of the new 2021 interface.    This is concerning for a number of reasons, along with it is going to be a huge pain putting things back together.  Upsetting to say the least.  Any ideas on how to recover these bookmarks?

Any ideas on how to recover these bookmarks?

Hello @claybuster

Welcome!

Please provide:

1. Operating system version ? (How to find the version of your operating system).
  2. Kaspersky Total Security (KTS) version & patch(x) ? (How to find the name and the version number of a Kaspersky application).
  3. Do you sign into the Firefox browser? 
  4. Is about:preferences#sync enabled

Our results:

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I think I know what happened to the missing bookmarks.  Bookmarks on the secure browser toolbar replaced with the regular browser toolbar (firefox).  I recently imported all bookmarks onto the Dissenter web browser.  Maybe being that platform does not support Kaspersky Secure browser, those bookmarks aren’t traveling, and in that process the bookmark toolbar ended up being replaced.  It’s the only thing I can think may have caused this other than a new interface bug. 

I don’t think they are recoverable, but thank you for the reply.

Hello @claybuster

You’re most welcome☺ !

1. Correct, Kaspersky does not support Dissenter. 
  2. The fact that Kaspersky does not support Dissenter should have no effect on bookmarks being imported from Firefox to Dissenter. 
  3. Importing bookmarks from Firefox, SafeMoney browser, to Dissenter, should not wipeout the original Firefox, SafeMoney bookmarks. 
  4. Re “recoverable”, probably; you may wish to check with the Firefox Community; our tests above cannot replicate the issue. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

1. Importing bookmarks from Firefox, SafeMoney browser…

It did not wipe them out.  Safe Money is an application that stores links, when clicked that stored link will be opened in the secure browser.  Those links within the Safe Money application remain, and the original links in Firefox remain unchanged.  The only change I noticed was my secure browser bookmarks toolbar has been swapped with my bookmarks toolbar from the original browser. 

Moving forward, I think storing links on the secure browser toolbar is a mistake.  Storing links in the secure browser with saved passwords is a bigger mistake, and one can only hope the limbo they reside in is a safe one. 

Hello @claybuster

It would be best to raise a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, give them the opportunity to analyse the issues and provide their advice. Support may request Logs, Traces & other data, they will guide you:

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋