Scroll bars don't work properly

dnorth
Go to solution Solved by dnorth,

I’ve just been ‘upgraded’ to KIS  21.2.16.590 (b), and found that some of the scroll bars don’t work properly. E.g. on the main Settings screen, if I click below the scroll box, it should page down, but nothing happens. To scroll down, I either have to drag the scroll bar (which is much more awkward with a touchpad) or use the keyboard. This is very annoying.

OK, that’s another option, but it still requires a right-click and a left-click to page down, when it should need only a single click. Clicking above or below the scroll box to page up or down has been a standard Windows function since at least Windows 3.1. I am not aware of any other application where clicking there doesn’t do anything.

Hello @dnorth,

You’re most welcome!

1. The Kaspersky GUI is not “ a standard Windows function ”.

If you believe your Kaspersky GUI is not working as you expect, please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in: Application malfunction, Other template; Support will require Traces, logs & other data → they will guide you

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.

When feedback from the Kaspersky Technical Team is available, please share it here in the Kaspersky Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• Solution

I reported this as a complaint under ‘feedback’, rather than a malfunction. Technical Support confirmed that their experience was the same as mine and, after prompting, escalated it to the development team ‘under Bug # 4477177’.

• 3 months later...

I reported this as a complaint under ‘feedback’, rather than a malfunction. Technical Support confirmed that their experience was the same as mine and, after prompting, escalated it to the development team ‘under Bug # 4477177’.

Hello @dnorth

Kaspersky release MR3, scroll-bars have been widened, reference topic:  Setup Notifications scroll bar very thin, compared to application scrollbar, however, clicking above or below the scroll box to page up or down remains outstanding. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋