Scam site directed from My Kaspersky

bushman

I have had some problems with getting back into my accounts (Yahoo, Facebook, etc) and thought perhaps it was something to do with my Kaspersky settings. So I went into My Kaspersky and was directed to a Microsoft Login and from that site I was advised that what I needed was Microsoft’s Authenticator and was given a link to aka.ms/authapp. When I tried to download this (thinking my problems would soon be resolved thanks to my trusted Kaspersky) I was asked to submit credit cards details although the app itself was free. I was suspicious of course but since the link came directly from Kaspersky I thought it must be ok. I then had a message from my bank to advise me that £39 had been deducted from my bank account (fortunately my bank stopped this). What is going on here? If I can’t trust my internet security who the fxxx can I trust?

Hello @bushman

Welcome!

It sounds as if you’ve had a very unpleasant experience😓 !

1. Had 2 Factor authentication previously been setup → in (your) MyKaspersky account? 
  2. Please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Application malfunctionOther template, provide as much information as possible & include the URL to your Community topic; Support may request: traces, data, logs, they will guide you

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋