Safepay faulty, 'failed to run protected browser' in Comodo, Palemoon, Seamonkey.

a few days ago I installed KTS and found out that Safemoney option is not working. I get the error message - 'failed to run protected browser'. I followed the advices from this forum but non of them are working, still get the same message 'failed to run protected browser'. I use Comodo browser, Palemoon and Seamonkey and for each of them I was repeat the same procedure (make them as default browser in win7) but without any results. I dont want to use other browser like Chrome because I think that it is not OK that some software force me to change my habits. Before KTS I used Bitdefender and their Safepay browser works flawlessly. Now I regret for buying Kaspersky product because the seller wont give me back my money and the software is unusable for me. Now I am back on Bitdefender and purchase one more year. My question is why the seller dont want to give me a refund if the software is faulty and non working?

Use the browsers supported by the Safe Money component:
  1. Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0
  2. Microsoft Internet Explorer start screen app version 8 - 11 is not supported.
  3. Microsoft Edge (all versions)
  4. Mozilla Firefox 52.x – 59.x
  5. Mozilla Firefox ESR 52.x
  6. Google Chrome 48.x – 64.x
https://support.kaspersky.com/common/safemoney/13907#browser_support_problem The error may be caused by modification of standard Windows libraries. This can happen when a custom Windows visual theme is applied. https://support.kaspersky.com/common/safemoney/12692 How to request a refund for a Kaspersky Lab application

I see that I must change my habits and user enviroment if I want to use Kaspersky software. Sorry but I dont like that at all. The seller where I am bought KST dont want to give me a refund at all. Here is the link: https://store.computeractive.co.uk/p34464-kaspersky_total_security_2019_3-device_1-yr And they are working together with Cleverbridge and CreativeMark and they designed a very clever system in which you can not get a refund. Very smart.. That's why I will never use Kaspersky software in the future, the reasons for that is that because Kaspersky software has it's limits and faults and force user to change his working enviroment. Now I am back to Bitdefender and everything is working perfect. I was paying my school in life many times and this is just one more bad experience. Never mind because there is a better options and vendors whom will not let you down for your money. And by the way, that statement about windows visual themes is so funny, that means that one visual theme can harm a antivirus software? so funny and bizzare.

Hello Flanderzon, Please note I write this as a Kaspersky Customer, I'm not employed by Kaspersky, paid by Kaspersky, I'd even go so far as to say there are times when I don't like Kaspersky and furthermore there have been/there are times when Kaspersky does not/did not like me. As well as the advice from Kmscom, a number of your points are factually incorrect.
  1. (imo) Computeractive is not a Kaspersky business partner,
  2. nor does (imo) Computeractive belong to Kaspersky's Kaspersky Lab Affiliate Program.
  3. Computeractive Software Store make their terms very clear
quote: REFUND POLICY We strongly suggest you download and test trial software before placing your order. Trial software is provided to enable you to determine whether it's applicable for your system and meets your requirements. Once you are happy with your trial software, place an order. Digital downloadable software often cannot be refunded unless the order was placed in error. Activated software cannot be refunded as the code becomes the property of the customer and cannot be resold or reused. If you ordered in error or there is another problem with your order, contact Cleverbridge directly for a refund. unquote (imo) a number of very old phrases & mottos, pre-existing the internet apply even more in this new world of fake anything/cut price merchandising/IoE: "Caveat emptor" "Let the buyer beware". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caveat_emptor#United_Kingdom 1175 - "Do not hold everything gold that shines like gold" - Alain de Lille Circa 1557 - "A fool and his money are soon parted" - Thomas Tusser Thanks!

Hi Flood, I understand why you are doing so much for that seller, it's obvious but never mind. Look, the software is faulty and does not provide a functional options for many users as you can see. The option SafeMoney it's not working for many people. But on the other hand SafePay from Bitdefender works perfectly in every case and situation. That means that is something wrong with Kaspersky software. A visual theme can broke or harm a antivirus software? Well that is a realy problem of Kaspersky and no one users computer is guilty for that. The seller says to me that my computer is broken.. But all other antivirus software including Bitdefender works perfectly on my computer, do you see that and understand where the problem is? The problem is in Kaspersky obviously and that problem must be fixed by them. Further, on these link from which I bought the software there is not any visible that text for testing trial software: https://store.computeractive.co.uk/p34464-kaspersky_total_security_2019_3-device_1-yr A customer just came and read what is the present on that page with product. Who'd expect problems or fraud from a retail source? Further, the seller can terminate the code after refund but they simply dont want to do it because they wants your money in any case. why they would not terminate this code? money. greed. and so on. But it all goes to shame on Kaspersky definitely however. I as say allready I am using a Bitdefender now and everything is working perfectly, their SafePay is working fantastic without faults or interruption from some chicken 'visual windows theme'. Let's be honest, how can be that one 'visual theme' can interrupt and harm antivirus software? And In my windows themes I changed only wallpaper and collor of the taskbar and nothing else. And that is a problem for Kaspersky antivirus software?? It is obvious that you and your company have some issues for which you are accusing people who have purchased your software. And it would be fair from you to fix that software which you are selling.

Hello Flanderzon, You're very mistaken. I am a Kaspersky Customer, a member of the Kaspersky Community, a pleb, nothing more, nothing less, not on Kaspersky's payroll, nor their Christmas list. When you say "that seller", if you mean Kaspersky, refer to my opening, if you mean the company you purchased from, until I read your post I'd never heard of them. On https://store.computeractive.co.uk/p34464-kaspersky_total_security_2019_3-device_1-yr - is FAQ, which has a number of topics including "Can I Ask For A Refund? I can only speak for myself Flanderzon, when I consider buying ANYTHING, whether it's a face to face transaction, online, whatever, when my $s are on the line, I read everything before I hand over my hard earned to ANYONE. Kaspersky document and are transparent about browsers compatible with their software. Many of us wish Kaspersky's software was compatible with a broader range of browsers, unfortunately, at this point in time we remain disappointed. I have no dog in this fight friend Flanderzon, the product is not faulty and (I surmise) that's why the retailer will not negotiate a refund with you. You always have available assistance from: https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights. Thanks!

Hello Flanderzon, You're very mistaken. I am a Kaspersky Customer, a member of the Kaspersky Community, a pleb, nothing more, nothing less, not on Kaspersky's payroll, nor their Christmas list. When you say "that seller", if you mean Kaspersky, refer to my opening, if you mean the company you purchased from, until I read your post I'd never heard of them.
I beleive you :)
On https://store.computeractive.co.uk/p34464-kaspersky_total_security_2019_3-device_1-yr - is FAQ, which has a number of topics including "Can I Ask For A Refund? I can only speak for myself Flanderzon, when I consider buying ANYTHING, whether it's a face to face transaction, online, whatever, when my $s are on the line, I read everything before I hand over my hard earned to ANYONE.
well said FLOOD, you can only speak for yourself, you just keep it that way further for yourself, as you know you are not all the other people on the planet, right?
Kaspersky document and are transparent about browsers compatible with their software. Many of us wish Kaspersky's software was compatible with a broader range of browsers, unfortunately, at this point in time we remain disappointed.
well, now we are disappointed together, right FLOOD?
I have no dog in this fight friend Flanderzon, the product is not faulty and (I surmise) that's why the retailer will not negotiate a refund with you.
compared to other antivirus software Kaspersky product is faulty because it is not capable working in standard user enviroment like other antivirus software on the market and I have never see that kind of problem with any antivirus software in my life in windows enviroment, so Kaspersky must be 'special' then, right? :)