Safe money sites always open in protected

Safe Money sites always open in protected mode, regardless of selection (Ask, Do not run in protected browser). I’ve tried deleting/adding site, but still will only run in protected browser, with no ask option or do not run.

Anyone?

Thanks,

bd

@borkduck hello!

What is the URL of the website with the issue?

Every URL in Safemoney (12 URLS) exhibits this same behavior. No matter what setting I choose (Ask, Do not run protected browser) it opens in protected browser. Doesn’t ask, doesn’t default to unprotected browser; just automatically opens in protected browser.

Thanks for the response,

bd

Hello @borkduck !

Please provide step-by-step screenshots of the issue? I want to unerstand your scenario.  

Maybe you click on each URL in Safe Money list of sites? If yes - then it is expected behavior.

These options (Promt for action for instance) should work if you try to open the URL in browser. 

Anton,

Don’t think my taking ‘screen shots’ is going to demonstrate this problem any further than my explanation. I could take a screen shot of the safe money menu, showing the icon for the url in red (‘do not open protected browser’) and I suppose a screen shot of the protected browser it opened in, but that’s really no different than telling you that the settings selected are not being executed--e.g. clicking on a safe money site set to ‘ask/do not open protected browser’ still ALWAYS opens in a protected browser, in spite of the safe money setting.

As to your second statement, I don’t really understand it: the safe money routine is the controlling factor in what sort of browser the url opens in. If you set it for ‘Always ask’ the icon is yellow and the safe money app SHOULD open a window in a regular browser, with a query asking whether you want to continue in that unsecured browser, or switch to a protected browser. The app USED to do this, but for some reason no longer opens that query window, but simply goes directly to a protected browser. Ditto with the ‘Do not open in protected browser (red) setting; it simply ignores that setting and automatically opens in a protected browser.

Thanks for your response,

bd

Flood et epouse,

Can’t really read/see what you’re doing in the vid. Appears as if you’re copying the URL and then pasting it in a browser? Any rate, this is what is happening when I open a red (‘Do not run in protected browser’) site:

As you can see (I hope!) the site still opens in protected browser. Same thing happens w/’Ask’ setting sites; all my URLs in SafeMoney open in protected mode, regardless of setting. Better than always opening in unprotected mode, I guess.

Thanks for the imput,

bd

PS: Ignore the notepad; didn’t feel like showing my other SafeMoney URL’s to the world at large!

ibidbd

Hello @borkduck

You’re most welcome!

The video shows exactly what @Anton Mefodys defined: www opened from within Safemoney will all open in protected browser - irrespective of “Run”, “Ask”, “Do not run”. 

“Run”, “Ask”, “Do not run”, function when a website is opened directly in the browser. 

The video resolution is not fantastic, because it’s not possible to record the screen direct when SafeMoney is active, that’s why we had to film it with another device; if you slow the video down, or watch it several times, you’ll see exactly how SafeMoney works. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @borkduck

You’re most welcome!

The video shows exactly what @Anton Mefodys defined: www opened from within Safemoney will all open in protected browser - irrespective of “Run”, “Ask”, “Do not run”. 

“Run”, “Ask”, “Do not run”, function when a website is opened directly in the browser. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

But that’s not ALWAYS the way it functioned. In previous builds over the years, Safe Money always opened a red (‘Do not open in protected browser’) or an amber (‘Ask’) site setting in an unprotected browser, with the option to continue in that or open in a protected browser. It did this directly from the Safe Money app, with no cutting/pasting of URL to control how the site opened.

I know this because there are times I want a protected URL to open in an unprotected browser, for various reasons. In the past when I changed the setting in SM, it would open in the changed mode directly from Safe Money. It’s only recently that it’s started displaying this sort of behavior, for me anyway.

As I said, still better than opening every SM URL in an unprotected browser, so I guess I’ll shut up about it.

Thanks,

bd

PS--I still don’t understand changes made in programs that make them more clunky or complicated rather than simpler and more transparent. Always reminds me of the old programmers’ creed:

‘If it ain’t broke….

...BREAK IT!’

Hello @borkduck

As far as, “it was like this & now it’s not”, we’ll leave that discussion for @Anton Mefodys.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

I think I just saw that dead horse twitch…where’d I put my club...

Loath as I am to continue this, I admit it still irritates me when a programmer/s changes something that worked BETTER before they changed it:

Old Safe Money routine:

1. Open Safe Money app
  2. Click on URL

URL opens in selected mode, i.e. Protected, Ask, or Do not run protected browser; two clicks, fini.

New routine:

1. Open a browser
  2. Open Safe Money
  3. Cut and paste or type in/find URL for site you wish to open
  4. Select mode you wish to use

I don’t know about others, but my vote always goes to option #1. From long experience in my past life as an engineer dealing with geeks making  life miserable for those of us operating in the real world.

Rant over, duck out...

bd