Safe Money does not prompt or protect when used within Chrome.

KLC

When I first used Safe Money it worked as described.  I added sites to Safe Money and specified whether to prompt me or provide protection right away, and it worked well.  Now, when I try to open a banking website or any other website that I listed with Safe Money, there’s not prompt for action message or anything.  The website is opened directly via the normal browser (Chrome), without any prompting by Safe Money anymore. None of the sites listed with Safe Money, which used to open with either a prompt or protection without prompt, work anymore: they simply open in Chrome as if Safe Money did not exist.

The only way to enable Safe Money to work is open the sites from the Safe Money application by clicking on the link. And then it opens as a protected site without any prompt, even if the site was set up with the choice to get a prompt first.

I have 20 days left to decide if I want to purchase Kaspersky or not, and I need to solve this issue if I am to buy this software.

Thanks

KLC

Hi,

Please check if the encrypted connection scanning is enabled in the product(Kaspersky main menu - Settings - Additional - Network).

Make sure, that Kaspersky Protection plugin is installed and enabled in Protected browser.

You can install it by this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/kaspersky-protection/elhpdacimkjpccooodognopfhbdgnpbk

if you have 2020 version.

Please inform me, if the problem persists in other browsers too.

Thank you.

Hello @KLC

Thank you for replying👌

Please do the following:

• 1 Create a System Restore Point.
  • 2Export KTS Settings - see video 1.
  • 3Restore KTS Settings - see same video 1.
  • ⚠4 Note: don’t Import Settings atm, that will be done later⚠
  • Pause KTS protection - see video 2.
  • 6 Run Windows in SafeMode
  • 7 Delete C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\SafeBrowser
  • 8 Return to Normal mode
  • 9 Start KTS & enable Protection
  • 🔟Import KTS Settings  - see same video 1.
  • 11 Recheck issue? 

Video

Link

Video

Link

Please let us know the outcome?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳​​​​

Hello @KLC

You’re most welcome! 

• Please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, they will require a GSI & Windows logs, a detailed history, the KIS Scan Report, images & they may ask for Traces, captured as the issue is replicated.  Also include a video showing the issue, it will help them understand the problem. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 3 years later...

My issue is, with both firefox and EGDE, if you say continue in normal browser but UN CHECK save settings for this website, even if the website is listed as ASK in the safe money URL section, it will never ask me again until I have cleared browser history/cookies. Then it will prompt me again. It can't be a chrome issue because it is behaving identically in Firefox. Both latest browser versions, windows 11 all up to date, latest kaspersky standard. "ASK" is chosen as default global safe money action. This is quite frustrating.

Because

It was all working fine until

1) I accidentally opened a site in a protected browser whilst I had "save this site settings" CHECKED.

I then closed the safe browser and saw the previous safe money page with a link I could click to continue to page in my standard browser, which I did.

No matter how many times I have cleaned my cache with ccleaner and the browser itself, turned safe money on and off, deleted all website presets from safe money, it will not behave.

It will always use the standard browser and not prompt me until I run ccleaner, then I get prompted again.