Rootkit Scan crashes the steam games

Oshan DR
Go to solution Solved by Berny,

• 3 months later...

I have had the same thing happen to me while playing Civilization 6 on Steam, very frustrating. One would assume the “gameplay mode” setting would be tied to a rootkit scan, like it is the other various scans.

USE GAMING MODE (reads as follows) “In this mode, scan tasks and update tasks are not run and notifications are not shown when you play games or run applications in full-screen mode.”  It would really be nice if the devs at Kaspersky, would include rootkit scans in the not to be run list, while in gameplay mode in a future update!

cheers, 

CD

I am running Kaspersky Total Security 21.1.15.500 ©.  Last night while playing online, my Kaspersky began updating, despite being in “gameplay mode”.  Fortunately I noticed my game graphics becoming choppy & laggy, and was able to save my game before it crashed.  After saving I pulled up my Task Manager to see if I could locate the problem. I assumed it was a rootkit scan being run in the background, but was surprised to find it was a database update.  I only have a month left on my KTS contract, and due to the fact that I play online a lot (especially during the lockdown here), and Kaspersky’s gameplay mode seems so ineffective, I am considering other options.

Hello @Complaintdesk

Welcome!

You’re KTS version requires updating, please do the following: 

1. Create a System restore point.
  2. Close all running applications, including all browsers.
  3.  Uninstall 21.1.15.500[c]→ save LICENSE information ONLY, do not check any other options.
  4. Download & clean install v21.2.16.590(b), after installing and shutting down the computer, power on, login:
  5. Open KTS, check the version & patch(b)?
  6. Run a manual Database update → allow it to complete. 
  7. Run a Full scan → allow it to complete. 
  8. Recheck any  “gameplay mode/database update” issues?

▶ Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Resources:

Update Issues checklist by @richbuff 

General recommendations for solving database update issues