Replacing K with another av

AoshiZero
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello,

So I miss the email where I can get Bitdefender. I noticed Ultra AV installed itself on my computer by itself. I also noticed it is starting to create files and folders by itself on every drive I have. I also noticed that it is creating a massive amount of these folders and files to the point I can't go through them and actually find my business stuff. It is becoming to massive hassle and I rather not lose my job over this. How do I get rid of this software and get bitdefender? 

You can try using the normal Windows 10/11 "Add or Remove Programs" and then uninstall UltraAV that way. If that doesn't work for whatever reason, Revo Uninstaller (Google it) will get rid of it. Then you can install Bit Defender or another AV software

Edited by CLEsports
removed external link

• Solution
10 hours ago, AoshiZero said:

So I miss the email where I can get Bitdefender.

I noticed Ultra AV installed itself on my computer by itself.

I also noticed it is starting to create files and folders by itself on every drive I have.

I also noticed that it is creating a massive amount of these folders and files to the point I can't go through them and actually find my business stuff. It is becoming to massive hassle and I rather not lose my job over this.

1. How do I get rid of this software

and get bitdefender? 

Hello @AoshiZero

Welcome!

Kaspersky have partnered with ULTRA, read: What to expect from the Kaspersky -> UltraAV transition -> to accommodate the  US Department of Commerce prohibition of the sale and distribution of Kaspersky software in the United States.

(Your) Kaspersky subscription / license will keep functioning until the original expiration date. (Your) Kaspersky *software* has been OR will be changed by the cutoff date. 

We haven't read anything from Kaspersky about using BD.

1. How do I uninstall Ultra Antivirus on Windows?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn

• The title was changed to Replacing K with another av

My problem is that I got the offer for Bitdefender but it is not valid. I can remove Ultra AV but I don't have anything to replace it. I paid for my sub to kaspersky and would like a replacement that functions instead of just being with nothing or a refund. I never got a email for Ultra AV to log in or anything so it is basically causing my computer to have issues. I have issues booting it and it freezing when shutting down now. This is impacting my business.

38 minutes ago, AoshiZero said:

My problem is that I got the offer for Bitdefender but it is not valid. I can remove Ultra AV but I don't have anything to replace it. I paid for my sub to Kaspersky and would like a replacement that functions instead of just being with nothing or a refund.

I never got a email for Ultra AV to log in or anything so it is basically causing my computer to have issues.

I have issues booting it and it freezing when shutting down now. This is impacting my business.

Hello @AoshiZero

Welcome back! 
Has Why can't I log in to ULTRA with my Kaspersky username and password? been followed? IF 'yes' & it didn't help, has ULTRA support been contacted -> Submit a request

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

4 hours ago, AoshiZero said:

My problem is that I got the offer for Bitdefender but it is not valid. I can remove Ultra AV but I don't have anything to replace it. I paid for my sub to kaspersky and would like a replacement that functions instead of just being with nothing or a refund. I never got a email for Ultra AV to log in or anything so it is basically causing my computer to have issues. I have issues booting it and it freezing when shutting down now. This is impacting my business.

I know there was an offer from Digital River (who handled the payment subscriptions) , not Kaspersky, to migrate to Bit Defender for the remainder of your subscription. That offer expired at the end of last month.

You can use UltraAV, Microsoft Defender (built into Windows 10 & 11), or buy another program you feel comfortable using and ask for a refund from UltraAV or Kaspersky..