Renewal price in Canada

terra3

Why the hell is the renewal price for folks so damn high?  I thought I was misunderstanding something with the price being offered and the price I sought out for renewal.

I've had this software for many, many years and every subscription I'm reminded of the various challenges of getting a decent price.  From letting it lapse the repurchasing 'new', to going though 3rd parties . . . . . 

Am I missing something in this?

4 hours ago, terra3 said:

Why the hell is the renewal price for folks so damn high?  I thought I was misunderstanding something with the price being offered and the price I sought out for renewal. 

I've had this software for many, many years and every subscription I'm reminded of the various challenges of getting a decent price.  From letting it lapse the repurchasing 'new', to going though 3rd parties . . . . . 

Am I missing something in this?

Hello @terra3

Welcome & no, you're not missing anything, you are "right on the money"!

This topic is raised with some frequency, search -> renewal, cost 

Kaspersky cover it with a disclaimer when the software is purchased, hard to find, quite often folks are not aware of it:

"Renewal prices are subject to change. Additional online offers and discounts may be available to new license purchases or customers that manually renew their licenses at the time of your renewal which are not applicable to your subscription. We will send you at least one email reminder prior to renewal which will contain your renewal price and renewal term. You may be required to upgrade to the latest version of Kaspersky for free at this time."

On the same subject, Danila T. has said:

"From time to time we (Kaspersky) may run promotional introductory offers across our product range for new customers. A promotional offer may include 1 or more products, but not necessarily across our whole product range, and unless otherwise stated, will only apply to purchases made when the offer is live. Additionally, any promotional offers do not necessarily apply to both new and existing customers unless otherwise stated. We highly value our customers, and to reward them for their loyalty, we will from time to time run exclusive promotional offers for current customers only e.g. if a customer renews early."

• (in our personal experience), we've never been offered a renewal at an attractive / competitive price -> we've been with Kaspersky for many years. 
  • Sadly, with Kaspersky new range of software: MR7, they've made it subscription only, that means:
  1. The software activates on the payment date, if the purchaser does not install the software on that date, the countdown for the days has started, irrespective. 
  2. No more buying the software, still from Kaspersky websites, when it's reasonably priced & installing when it suits the Kaspersky consumer. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Thanks.  Kind of what I understood but thought I'd bounce my anger out into this forum on this.

I find it incredible that the Co itself doesn't offer 'anything' beyond some crude, minimalist discount, but I can go to a number of 3rd party outlets and get this same software 'cheap'.

Which, unless I change my mind completely re: Kaspersky and seek out something else, the latter is what I will end up doing as I do think the product is top of the class in all aspects.

• Like 1

Well, some additional info my way in the form of messaging and more to this at the moment than I had thought I'd be taking into consideration.

So with KTS sub good to end of October, put this decision off while considering other aspects of 'Kaspersky' overall.

Thanks

• Like 1