Reddit Search malicious object detected as trojan object, and then is blocked.

Brownie
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Can someone please tell me what is going on here? I went on Reddit and tried to search for the terms nc64.exe and nc64, a file which was found on my machine about 2 weeks back due to installing Zbrush last year. (They were identified as Riskware, not-a-Virus RemoteAdmin) But for some reason when I search for them on Reddit i am blocked from doing so and Kaspersky deems the connection dangerous and claims a file is downloaded? The file that is supposedly "downloaded" is identified as HEUR:Trojan.BAT.Agent.gen How is this possible? Could this just be a false positive? It just strikes me as very very odd.

If anyone could help me out i would really appreciate it, this is honestly worrying me.
I just wanted to look into the terms to have some more insight on the issue.
Reddit also seems to not be working at all for me! Thingsin the drop down menus don’t work and the pages won’t load! The only way i could actually make a post was by visiting the "old reddit" on the browser version 😞 Any clue to what is happening?

Should i be concerned? Is this a Reddit issue, Kaspersky issue, or my issue? can my machine be compromised?

Another issue I seem to have is getting SSL certificates for Microsoft connections seemingly out of nowhere, could this be an issue with Cortana?

Thank you, Cheers!

Hello @Brownie,

Welcome!

1. Scan the detected URLs using Kaspersky’s Onetip scanner.
  2. Raise a request to Kaspersky Technical Support, follow the Malware, False positive template → see image 3.
  3. Include a GSI & Windows Logs, an export of the KTS Report & images.
  4. Provide as much detail (as you have above) as possible, so Technical experts understand, ask them if the detections are genuine or a false positive?
  5. Also, ask the Support Team to provide guidance regarding the Certificate issue showing in the Reports. 

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • Please let us know the outcome when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• Solution

I have send a request to virlab for an additional check of the URL.

Thank you!

UPD:

Seems it was a false detection. It will be fixed with the next databases update.