Protected Browser - how to change browser to Edge

I have seen in other threads how to change which browser  protected browser uses, however it does not list the browser I want to use. The choice is only default or chrome, neither of which I want to use. My default in windows 10 is set to Edge, however when default browser under safe money is selected Internet Explorer opens and not Edge.

How do I get protected browser to open MS Edge.

Thanks in advance.

Hello @spinks9000,

Welcome!

• Atm, Edge Chromium is not supported by Kaspersky. 
  • A forthcoming patch J is expected to be when Edge Chromium & Kaspersky software will work. 
  • There’s no eta for patch J. 
  • Patches are globally released in a staggered distribution. 
  • As a rule, as soon as a distribution begins, there’s a fair bit of “chatter” in the Community.
  • When the distriubution begins, I will update your Topic. 
  • When Kaspersky Protected browser cannot open a “preferred” browser, it opens IE.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @spinks9000,

You’re very welcome👌 !

• Correct, Edge Chromium is the new MS browser, commercially released January 15th, 2020. 
  • Legacy Edge and Kaspersky Protected browser have presented many issues for “ever”.
  • Kaspersky’s default position has always been, if legacy Edge does not work, the Protected browser that’ll open is IE. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @spinks9000

• Pre patch (j) “chatter”, apparently being released mid April, however, sometimes Kaspersky releases patches to fix specific issues, and sometimes, as a result, the planned, anticipated fixes are delayed… I guess we’ll all know in a month or so🤔
  • To apply a patch it’s necessary to reboot the computer. 
  • If & when your system does get patch (j) please update your Topic? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳