Problem renewing license: manually uninstalling old version causes notice to pay again.

Go to solution Solved by bobbycooper,

Hi. This is a little bit long, but please be patient:

1. I have 3 PCs, each having about 3 weeks remaining on one 2-year license.

2. I decided to renew the license. I paid for a 3-machine 2-year license, downloaded startup.exe, and followed the instructions. 

3. I updated 2 of the 3 machines successfully. As expected, the new license on each machine now shows 730+ days remaining.

4. But updating the third machine did not work. I started the update process, whereby the old version of Total Security is removed. But this stopped working unexpectedly part way through, complaining there was a problem. I was then offered the choice of removing the old version manually, which I did.

5. BAD MOVE on my part, because removing the old version manually meant that all the history of the old version was deleted.

6. I then tried to update the machine again, but all this did was re-install the old version, with only a few days left on the license. I now had the option to renew the license, but it wanted me to pay again.

7. Bottom Line: How do I persuade this machine to accept that I already have a newvalid, paid-for license, and I do not want to pay for it again?

Thanks.