Probably infected by a virus. Suggestions related to account and mobile (I use the mobile connection for my internet)

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Dear Kaspersky Community,

I just finished the download of a Linux distribution (Kali Linux from their official website) from the net and I was trying to connect one of my yearly Kaspersky´s licences to this device (moving it from my old Lenovo laptop). I was checking the file I just downloaded with your software and it found many trojans, keyloggers and viruses. I stopped the scan of the incriminated file and start scanning my actual system. Than I disconnected my PC and my mobile (I used the mobile for my connection). I started performing a full scan that finished this morning without consequences (but the app was still "red"). I decided to disconnect my Google account and my Facebook profile, changing their password thanks to a spare phone. I Took my recovery drive and re-installed a factory copy of windows from there. Than, I reinstalled Kaspersky (trial) and I´m now performing a new full scan that seems OK. Three gentle and rapid questions:

1) If the antivirus doesn´t detect anything Am I safe and good to go? (also in relation to my accounts)

2)There was a strange name concerning a vault among the trojans and viruses I saw, is my vault´s password at Kaspersky compromised? If yes, what should I do?

3) Is my Android mobile possibly infected (I use it for my internet connection, as wrote)? I performed an update and a few scans and it (the mobile) seemed green and clean.

Thank you, a faithful customer, kind regards (and sorry for the inconvenience)

Hello @Alberto-DK,

Welcome!

No apology necessary & no inconvenience, the Community exists to assist with issues like this, amongst other things☺

1. Please read & follow the tutorial by @danila T.   Read before you create a new topic → OS version & build of all affected devices, KTS/KIS version & patch(x) installed on all affected devices, screen prints, including the vault with the strange name & the properties of the vault? Note, don’t open the vault.
  2. Do you have an active Kaspersky paid subscription (in case we need to direct you to Kaspersky Technical Support)? 
  3. Go to Kaspersky Total Security Reports (KTS) -> open KTS, select More Tools, select Reports, change Day to Week, find the alerts - Save the Report as a text file {KTS-Report.txt}, attach📎  the Report to your reply please? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello Flood and his wife,

Thank you for answering to begin with!

I have an Android 10 phone and a Window 10 Home (64-bit Intel) laptop.

The report doesn´t show anything red, now and the computer is signed as protected. There is still many things that I don´t understand, though.

I provided a fresh installation  of Windows this morning but the computer infected seemed to have received a full scan 14 days ago (and is still under active scan)  and has another default name. Plus I performed a full scan of this device before and after the installation between yesterday and today. So, 14 days ago, doesn´t match, not even with my older laptops (that also have other default names). The default name changes anytime you perform a fresh installation of Windows, I guess (right)? So, it would be (almost) clear (a part from the time). Last point. Now, the affected computer, has a kind of grey watch that is rolling on the Kaspersky App (under my devices). It has still 34 threat (the same number, it had when all started (than they became way more). It say just correct the problem (as I did before, rebooting). OK, I won´t open my Kaspersky Vault. By the way, it is the vault where I stored my passwords and some documents, but (as I changed the password of my Google account and my Facebook, I can change also the others, I guess. 

Yes, I have two licences on two computers, plus two phones (licenced, too). Unfortunately, I cant print a report related to the issue now. It seems, that can´t go back on that particular “old” computer, sorry. I can only print one for the actual machine. I will be pleased to tell the story to the support team! I check again the article, in case I forgot something (I´m typing as crazy, sorry)! Thank you again and take care!

Alberto

• Solution

Hello @Alberto-DK

You’re most welcome!

First, earlier you said “There was a strange name concerning a vault among the trojans and viruses I saw”, which did not clearly state the vault is your password manager vault. 

We think it’s best to log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support - https://my.kaspersky.com/; fill in the Malware, Other template; Support may request Traces, Logs & other data, they will guide you. We encourage you take full screen screenprints & submit those as well, it will help Support understand: 

1. IF any of the logs/traces/data files cannot be attached to the Incident, don’t use Webdav, simply upload the files to any cloud service of your choice, create a share link & add the share link to the incident. 
  2. After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.
  3. Please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Dear All,

As promised, I come with an update. I contacted a firm I knew in advance to make a check of my laptop today and had the good news that all the actions I performed where successful in containing/eliminating the problem. I must say that I´ve been very lucky and I´m definitely thankful for both your help and support and for the help and support form the firm I contacted. Thank you and have a nice evening! Again sorry if some of my descriptions sounded unprecise. I´m (luckily) still new to these kind of experiences, I hope and wish to get better, though. Thank you again. Take care!