Prevent users from removing Kaspersky Protection browser extension

I am a newbie user of KIS license and trial phase of KSK and I am impressed with many of the features of these tools.

The password protected feature on the child/client devices is really helpful and makes this a pretty powerful tool.

However, when I logged into a Child/Kid’s Windows login/account, I was able to “Remove from Toolbar” the “Kaspersky Protection 2021” extension for FireFox without any major hurdle….

Is there something we could do to prevent a “Standard/Child/Kid” user from removing this extension or password-enable this extension?

Thanks for your time and help...

I would like to add another important detail to this message….

It is not just “Remove from Toolbar”, but “Remove Extension” (Ref attachment) that is causing worry….

Your response will be highly appreciated…

Normal user is allowed to remove browser extension

Hello @KIS_Victor

Welcome back!

• KSK does not manage web browser extensions. 
  • Is KIS management functions with password protection configured? (ioo) it also will not prevent the removal of KIS extension or any other web browser extension/add-on/toolbar, however, it should be implemented on all shared Windows devices, especially those children have access to. 
  • You may wish to contact Firefox Community & or Mozilla support, there appears to be some tools available that may meet you requirements, we’ve found several, but cannot make comment about them here. 
  • Technically, as a user of KSK Premium Trial, there is no access to support, however, you have a Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) license, so, we suggest, you make the request to “add option to block removal & change of KIS Protection extension to the KIS application” & leave KSK out of it OR, don’t mention KIS, submit a generic request, “add option to KSK to prevent web browser extensions/toolbars/addons being changed & or removed”; include images & the whatever arguments you wish to support your requirements. 
  • On the Kaspersky Consumer Support page, select either Chat or Email & fill in either Feedback, I have a suggestion, or Feedback, I have a complaint template; support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you.
  • If you select the Chat option, we recommend you receive a copy of the chat transcript, make sure you fill in your email address AFTER the chat is activated by the Chat agent & complete the Verify your email address email AFTER the chat completes.
  • Note: not all requests are realised, for those that are, Kaspersky may take a long time, sometimes a very long time → a long time may be two years or more.  
  • Heads-up: going on their current management of Feedback incidents, Kaspersky will log the request, then, after some time, close the request, telling you “you may contact us again in the future in regards to the issue. As of now, it's hard for us to say how long will it take to implement them because all features are planned and evaluated in advance. But do keep an eye out for updates!”
  • Contact us again in the future” is Kaspersky speak for ‘you’ will be required to log a new request, because they’ve closed the original request & you may dance that merry dance with them many times😒  
  • ➡ When it’s available, please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you🙏  

Flood🐳 +🐋

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply to explain all the intricate details of the product and the support systems..... Much, Much appreciated....

• I am using the KLAdmin with a password for now.... Haven't explored the use of creating additional accounts within KIS, though.... Not sure of its application...
  • I think going to FireFox communities will yield the same sort of results.... But I will give it a try... A while ago, I tried to read through some suggestions related to "Extension deployment", "Config file manipulation" etc.... but didn't venture into implementation.... Also tried PublicFox (Extension) and it was a nightmare....
  • If you have any other ideas please do let me/us know...
  • Thanks for your inputs... I posted a message in the "Technical Support" channel/chat and it was exactly the same response that you said will be given.... So, it is in their pipeline....
  • I have received their "Chat Transcript" and a summary email that specified that "The Issue is closed"....
  • As for the time period for implementing our requests, I remember reading yet another reply of yours for a discussion about "Youtube videos playing inside WhatsApp's process/app space...."... The wait continues.....
  • If I see any positive outcome, I shall definitely let you/group know...

Thanks again for your time, help and inputs.. Have a good one,