Possible Trojan/Malware Removal with Kaspersky

Plugger69

Hello,

First time poster here after using Kaspersky for many years and I wonder if someone can give me some advice please.

Recently over the last few days (I have Kaspersky Browser Protection Extension On), I have noticed when clicking on a link to go to a number of website (News, Sports, Hotmail etc...), the website will saying it is connecting but then also on some occasions, I get a little think pop up that says connecting "http://www.dakotaram.com"

I have googled and looked at many forums and this appears to be some sort of a trojan that maybe hijacks your Chrome Browser however no matter what website I visit, it never blocks me (News, Sport. Hotmail etc...) but I am a bit concerned at that message popping up connecting "http://www.dakotaram.com"

If I was to run a full system scan as I have Kaspersky Total Security, is this scan likely to pick any nasties up and be able to quarantine and remove them ?

I have no issues otherwise, just that message that occasionally pops up so any help or advice would be appreciated.

Mod Edit : Links disabled

Hello @Plugger69,

Welcome!

1. Which Kaspersky Total Security (KTS) version & patch(x) x = letter is installed → in Windows System Tray, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  2. In KTS Reports, are there any events for dakotaram  open KTS, select More Tools, select Reports, look in Web Anti-Virus category, if there are any events, Save the Report & attach📎 to your reply please? 
  3. Does the  dakotaram popup happen in every supported browser: Firefox & or Edge Chromium, or only Chrome? 
  4. Have you reset Chrome to default → chrome://settings/reset ?
  5. Please follow the guidance Notification of Detection, file or website detected written by @richbuff 

Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello Flood and Flood’s Wife,

I appreciate your message and response to my inquiry.

21.2.16.590(b) is the current version of Total Security that I am running.

I have enclosed the report that you requested as well as some screenshots of the same for your reference.

I only use Chrome so I am unable to comment on whether this happens in other browsers.

I have not reset Chrome to default at this time and will await your reply if you think I should do that.

Thank you again and I await your reply.

Kind regards

Chris