pop up message that Google was accessing my Web Cam. What can I do to prevent Google from doing this. [Solved][Closed]

Jmcd
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I just purchased and installed Kapersky Total. I never noticed this before but just got a pop up message that Google was accessing my Web Cam. The pop up only stayed for about 2 seconds. I thought that while I was installing the product I saw where it protects against that. What can I do to prevent Google from doing this.

I just purchased and installed KTS. Just got a pop up message "Google was accessing WebCam" The pop up only stayed for about 2 seconds. I thought that while I was installing the product I saw where it protects against that. What can I do to prevent Google from doing this?
Hello Jmcd, Welcome! May I ask please:
  1. Operating system full name? version? build?
  2. KTS version? patch(x)? x = letter?
My images show how to find 1. & 2: Open KTS application main window, select ? (Support), KTS Support screen, shows required info. You're recollection about "WebCam" protection is not mistaken. (I'll explain later in my reply) To check WebCam config, open KTS main application window, select Privacy Protection
  1. Privacy Protection window - Webcam
  1. The popup "Google was accessing WebCam" question you raise is interesting, IF, KTS2020 is installed, according to Kaspersky lab:
KTS2020, Webcam Protection has been improved
  1. IF, you have KTS2020, please let me know, "Google was accessing WebCam" popup, should not be happening.
One further 'tip", in all Kaspersky software, wherever there's a ? (circled green in my images), select/click ?, a browser will open to a Kaspersky "help" document, specific to the Kaspersky application window in question. Please post back? Thank you

Thank you for your help. I did check and it says that my webcam protection is on. But when I signed into my computer this morning I got another pop up that said "Google Chrome is using your Webcam." I have: Microsoft Windows 10 Home x64 Build 18362 Application Version: 20.0.14.1085(c) I have a band aid on the camera right now :wink:and hope I can take it off without being spied on. Thank you, Joanne

Thank you for your help. I did check and it says that my webcam protection is on. But when I signed into my computer this morning I got another pop up that said "Google Chrome is using your Webcam." Microsoft Windows 10 Home x64 Build 18362, Application Version: 20.0.14.1085(c) I have a band aid on the camera right now :wink:and hope I can take it off without being spied on. Thank you, Joanne
Hello Jmcd / Joanne, Thank you for posting back:pray_tone3: and you're very welcome:slight_smile:!
  1. (1) May I have image of "Google Chrome is using your Webcam." popup, and post back please?
--- The issue is Kaspersky application identifies all Webcam installed apps, however, (it seems), not integrated webcams in browsers...hmmm.
  1. (2) Please go to chrome://settings/content/camera, post back which cameras are defined please?
  2. (3) Also, change: GoogleChrome-Camera, "ask before accessing" to :punch_tone3:BLOCK:punch_tone3:
Re: Band-aid, me too:disappointed_relieved: Thanks and best regards!

I got one this morning but was fast enough to click on it and blocked it manually. I will try and get a screen shot next time I see it but in the mean time just to show you my settings are correct or if not let me know. Thanks, Joanne

I got one this morning but was fast enough to click on it and blocked it manually. I will try and get a screen shot next time I see it but in the meantime just to show you my settings are correct or if not let me know. Thanks, Joanne
Hello Jmcd / Joanne, Thanks for posting back:pray_tone3: I'm glad you sent me the image, it's not as I expected, however, please read on:wink::
  1. In KTS Webcab Protection Settings (your image) would you mind showing me an image of the detail of "Webcam is blocked for 1 application" please?
  2. Do you use the device Webcam for anything at all?
  3. Please go to KTS main screen: select MORE TOOLS, Tools window: select Reports, Reports window: select Detailed Reports, keep default: All Events, from time period dropdown: select 24 hours, select Export, export file, save as a .txt file, upload using the Upload icon, in your reply please?
I'll be able to advise you regarding the settings, when I've seen the data, please? Many thanks.

Here are the screen shots. Also I haven't noticed that pop up the last few days.
Hello Jmcd, Thank you for posting back and the information:pray_tone3:! Could I trouble you please to rerun the report export, selecting 30 days, the Google/Webcam events, being captured now verifies Google has been blocked. We need the Google accessing Webcam data please? Many thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Ecco il rapporto di 30 giorni.
Grazie JmcdJmcd , il periodo di tempo precede l'esclusione, sono i dati di cui ho bisogno e questo rapporto ha ciò che è richiesto, quindi grazie un sacco, posterò con maggiori informazioni non appena il laboratorio risponderà.Jmcd:clap_tone3: I migliori saluti
Hi Flood, I also opened a ticket with the assistance that sent it to the central office and I am waiting for their reply. Have you ever had any news? Thanks for everything. Best regards.