Open Office setup.exe detected as PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic. False Positive Message?

scope
Go to solution Solved by Berny,

Hello together,

I just reinstalled my system with Windows 10 and wanted to install Open Office which I downloaded from the official website. When extracting it KIS reports the following in the setup.exe “PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic” and wants to do a rollback.

Now the question is is this file really dangerous or a false positive that can be ignored?

My system is running on Windows 10 latest build with KIS 21.3.10.391 (g).

I also attached a screenshot of the error.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Greetings scope

Hello,

thanks for the link.

I just uploaded it to the website and I assume since it does not recognize any threat, it is a false positive. 

I also tried another website which I remembered to scan files, and just one scanner reports something.

VirusTotal - File - d24f4e74117d5b985539a1a9a1beb52a54f88ce5460e0394741543d7d0299c19

The question now is how can I tell KIS not to block installation? Just turn it off during the extraction process or do I have to exclude the file from being scanned?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Greetings scope

Hi @scope 

1. Report a false detection to Kaspersky technical support by choosing the topic and filling out the form. In your request, provide the following information:
    • Request type: Malware
    • Request topic: False positive
    • The file or the link to your website that is detected as a false positive
    • The version of your operating system
    • Name and version of your Kaspersky application
    • The databases update date in the Kaspersky application
    Please attach a screenshot of the error message to your request. If you are not sure how to take a screenshot, see this article.