Number of devices and number of user accounts, confusing.

jupa

I have TOTAL SECURITY for 5 PC and 2 accounts for my family. I am now thinking on renew or move to another antivirus that gives 10 PC or devices (we are four at the famility so much more of 5 devices). But when browsing kaseprsky web while I see som einteersting offers there is a pop pout that says premium version to be for 5PC and 2 users but when you click on the two user account link i says you can use it in any number of devices . So, NOT ONLY 5 ?). Other issue about accounts I guess it is KASPERSKY ACCOUNTS and not i.e.windows accounts, as in the same PC and notebook we have all family users. IT is a bit confusiong the information.

Hello @jupa 
Welcome!

1. Which link / site are you looking at, share the URL with us, so we can see what you see, then we may be able to explain.
  2. The MyKaspersky account is for your Kaspersky application, nothing to do with Windows - please read: Why My Kaspersky is needed,  About My Kaspersky account & Registering and connecting to My Kaspersky

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋  

Additional resources, by @Danila T. Purchase and renew Kaspersky license

Hello @jupa

Thank you for the image👍

• Some regions have a “Need more devices” option - see our image below, if that’s not available in ES, check if the Global website offers it🤔

We’ll try to explain the two user account blurb:

“A My Kaspersky account is required for you to use the Kaspersky Password Manager and Kaspersky Safe Kids services.

You can install these services on any number of PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad & Android devices – but only for the number of user accounts specified in your purchased license.

Please note that only one user account is able to manage Kaspersky Safe Kids.

In addition, your My Kaspersky account makes it easy for you to manage security on your devices, plus those that your family own too ─ and stores important information, such as details on devices’ security settings and details about your license.”

• A Kaspersky Total security (KTS) license installs software as follows:

Windows: fully optioned KTS software & Premium KSK, Premium KPM, Free (limited) Kaspersky VPN. 
Android: Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) AV software & Premium KSK, Premium KPM, Free (limited) Kaspersky VPN.  
MAC: Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) AV software & Premium KSK, Premium KPM, Free (limited) Kaspersky VPN.  
iOS: no AV software, Premium KSK, Premium KPM, Free (limited) Kaspersky VPN. 

• 2 USER account license gives 2 MyKaspersky accounts. 
  • For Kaspersky Password manager that = 2 separate Kaspersky Password Manager vaults.
  • However, for Kaspersky Safe Kids (KSK), even tho every child we've ever been known to be born has come "about" as a result of two people, Kaspersky only allows for one MyKaspersky account to manage a child/children; that means parents & or adults, using KSK are forced to share their MyKaspersky account username & password - completely contrary to Kaspersky's own "account/password security best practice" guidelines 😒

Another “oddity”, 3 different offers all cost the same, sometimes Kaspersky can be really confusing🙄

If further clarification is needed or if there’s more questions, please do not hesitate to post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋