Norton AntiVirus cannot be deleted

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Before switching to Kaspersky, I was using Norton (NAV). Before installing Kaspersky, I had uninstalled NAV. While installing Kaspersky, I proceeded to delete incompatible program NAV (surprised why its still there), then the computer rebooted. Try again, its still there. Proceed to delete again, then reboot. After the 3rd or 4th time (still there), I unchecked to delete it so that Kaspersky can be installed. Then I did a Full Scan, but no threat is detected. I also looked at Control Panel > Programs, no NAV there. Can I just ignore that NAV is still probably there somewhere in my computer?

• Solution
1 hour ago, wil2023 said:
  1. Can I just ignore that NAV is still probably there somewhere in my computer?

Hello @wil2023

Welcome!

1. No. 
  2. Go to How to remove a third-party anti-virus application from your computer, Special tools from anti-virus developers, select Norton & READ their: Download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool for Windows & make sure (you) DON'T re-install NORTON at the end of their UNINSTALL process; when the UNINSTALL of Norton is complete, shutdown the computer, using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login & recheck if the Norton issue is resolved? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn
  • Thanks 1