New three user license: One device has 150 days left on current license. Best practice?

templar
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I've been using Kaspersky since the Personal Pro days but nonetheless do have a licensing question.  

I have 2 devices, a desktop PC which I use for serious transactions that I protect with Kaspersky Internet Security, and a Kindle Fire tablet that I use for light browsing protected by Kaspersky android free.

Recently my desktop PC psu packed in and I have to have it fixed.  I decided to purchase a laptop that I could use as a backup for serious transactions if my desktop PC ever goes down in the future.

I thought I'd purchase a KIS 1 device license as I usually do, but then thought to myself, it would be more cost effective to purchase one 3 device license instead of having in the future to purchase two 1 device licenses.

Here's my question:  I assume with a 3 device KIS license I can assign the 1st and 2nd devices to my new laptop and Android, but if I assign the 3rd device to my Desktop PC how would it work if there is already an existing license on there?

Thankyou.

Edit: To clarify, in order that the 3 devices are in parity in terms of time left will I have to kiss my existing license goodbye, as there is still 150 days left on its subscription? 

Hello @templar

Welcome!

Apologies for the delay in responding to your topic😓

It’s not so much “best practice”, rather, best outcome for you: shame the PC didn't pack it in closer to the license expiry. 

Summarising, current:

• KIS, PC → max protection
  • KIS Laptop → would like to use as backup to PC → max protection. 
  • KIS Free → Android, Kindle. 

Objective, new KIS 3 device license: 

1. 3 device license → more cost effective → correct
  2. Laptop & Kindle (if OS meets device requirements) can have new KIS license applied, no problems.
  3. PC, KIS license, 150 days remaining, if the goal is to have the new, 3 device license, applied to all devices, at the same time, either forfeit the 150 days😞 , remove the license & gift to a family member😀 , or, on the PC, apply the new license as "reserve", allow the 150 days to run/expire, at the end date, the new license will be applied, but the "days available" will be x - 150, because, the clock starts ticking, as soon as the license is activated on the FIRST device. 
  4. If, in any documentation, you read Subscription, that refers to licenses purchased with Auto-renewal ON. 
  5. Auto-renewal licenses mostly do not offer flash sales, discounts, special prices.  

❓ Question if we may please, what is the Kindle nameOS version please, we’ve never heard of KIS running on a Kindle🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Resources:

How to change the number of protected devices for a Kaspersky application

Purchasing and licensing, About activation codes for Kaspersky applications

What happens to the current license if I add a activation new code?

How to find the information about your activation code

Android KIS hardware and software requirements

Hello @templar

Thank you for posting back!

Very clever, however, unfortunately, the Kindle Op sys is not supported, if anything were to go wrong with KIS Premium / Kindle Fire HD 10 OS 5.6.8.0, Kaspersky Technical Support would not be available. 

Based on that alone, you may wish to consider a 2 device KIS Premium license & continue with KIS Free for the Kindle. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi @Flood and Flood's wife 

I've just checked My Kaspersky and it seems I have 88 days left so will do as you suggested and deactivate the existing license.  At least then they will all have the same time remaining.

My Kaspersky is a fantastic method of handling licenses by the way.   If your PC dies it can be successfully deactivated in the scenario that you can't uninstall to free up the license.

I can't remember you from the old Kaspersky forums, so will just say nice to meet you @Flood and Flood's wife .  👍

• Solution

Hello @templar

You’re most welcome☺ !

Deactivating the existing license is one option. 

Agreed, MyKaspersky, License management works well👍

It’s very nice to meet you to; we did participate in the original Kaspersky Forum, however, when the Kaspersky Community came into being, the Kaspersky team made a decision not to maintain Kaspersky Forum identity profiles, so we “morphed” 😅

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋