Need Help: Slow Internet Connection Issue with NordVPN on Windows 11 Pro

rene88

Dear NordVPN users,

I am experiencing a major issue with NordVPN once again and need assistance.

Here is my basic setup:
- Device: Microsoft Surface Book 1
- Operating System: Windows 11 Pro
- Security Software: Kaspersky Total Security

The problem I am facing is that whenever I connect to NordVPN (regardless of the server I choose), my internet connection becomes incredibly slow. It reminds me of the days when dial-up modems were used. I have tested various browsers and made no progress. I even reinstalled NordVPN and ensured that my laptop is up to date. Additionally, I attempted to switch between different protocols, trying each one individually, but unfortunately, nothing has made a difference. 

Interestingly, NordVPN works flawlessly on both iOS and Android devices, maintaining a stable connection.

I would greatly appreciate any ideas or suggestions to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Welcome to Kaspersky Community.

You can try to migrate to Kaspersky new product line, Your KTS license will become into Kaspersky Plus:

In the link:

https://www.kaspersky.es/downloads#update-product

Scroll up, and You will get the links to new product line downloads:

image.thumb.png.0cb1bdd46a00e630ffd76558fce44c31.png

You can install over the current KTS.

Additionally, You may try to add Exclusions (or add to Trusted applications) for NordVPN services.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all as well as the above post.

Configuring Kaspersky Total Security to work with NordVPN requires making some adjustments to ensure both applications can function smoothly together. The steps below should help you set up the two programs to work in harmony:

1. *Update Software:

Ensure both Kaspersky Total Security and NordVPN are up to date. Having the latest versions will reduce the chances of compatibility issues.

2. *Allow NordVPN in Kaspersky:

Add NordVPN to the list of trusted applications in Kaspersky. This step will prevent Kaspersky from blocking NordVPN's network traffic.

- Open Kaspersky Total Security.

- Go to the "Settings" section (usually represented by a gear icon).

- Choose "Additional" from the left-hand menu.

- Select "Threats and Exclusions" or a similar option.

- Click on "Manage Exclusions" or "Exclusions."

- Add NordVPN to the list of excluded applications or trusted applications.

3. *Look in Programs To Uninstall Any Previous Installed VPN:

If you choose Kaspersky Total Security/Plus https://www.kaspersky.com./plus which comes with its own VPN functionality to avoid conflicts, if you decide to continue with Nord-VPN it's better to disable Kaspersky's VPN.

- Go to the "Settings" section in Kaspersky.

- Choose "Protection" from the left-hand menu.

- Disable Kaspersky's VPN feature if it's enabled.

4. *Configure NordVPN Settings:

Open the NordVPN application and check its settings to ensure everything is configured correctly. Make sure NordVPN is set to use the OpenVPN or IKEv2/IPsec protocol, as these are the most widely supported protocols.

5. *Test the Connection:

After making the changes, test the connection to ensure that NordVPN is working as expected without any interference from Kaspersky Total Security.

6. *Check for DNS Leaks:

In some cases, you might experience DNS leaks even after configuring Kaspersky and NordVPN. To address this issue, you can use a tool or website that checks for DNS leaks to verify that your DNS requests are properly routed through NordVPN.

Remember, while configuring the two programs, prioritize your security and privacy. If you encounter any issues during the process, you can always reach out to the support teams of both Kaspersky and NordVPN for assistance.

Kaspersky Customer Service for home and mobile products

Hope this information helps.

Thank you