Mysterious Chinese file appears in desktop, but only according to Quick Access [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Igor Kurzin,

When I open the Windows Explorer page (Win10 64 bit) i see a couple of Chinese named files as follows.

However when I open the path, I cannot see any such file and even after performing a virus scan, there was no sign of any virus etc.

Can anyone help me with this?

These strange files

Hello @BJayakody

Also, while you’re waiting for @Wesly.Zhang

• The Quick Access files are showing as having been on the Desktop, has the Desktop been changed or reset?

Please do the following:

• Reset Clear Windows 10 Quick Access History as follows: 

[a] Uncheck: Show recently used files in Quick access - note, this is temporary, the setting can be changed back. 

Uncheck: Show frequently used folders in Quick access  - note, this is temporary, the setting can be changed back. 

[c] Select Clear File Explorer history

Select Apply

• Reboot, login, start KIS, run a manual Database update, allow it to complete.
  • Run a KIS manual Full Scan, allow it to complete. 
  • Recheck the issue? 

Thank you

Flood

• Solution

@BJayakody did you run any particular application prior to those links show up in the Quick Access?
Check this out: 
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/chinese-file-names-just-appearing-on-my-system/a0f00208-199a-45fd-a667-55e31ef5aea8

“When I fired up the VLC media player version 2.0.8 Twoflower.... guess what happened next!  A new Chinese file name showed up on the folder! ”

Hello, @BJayakody 

These words are garbled, not readable Traditonal Chinese words. I also don’t know what it is. Maybe the file name saved as ASNI Character Encoding , OS use UTF-8 Character Encoding to show, So this problem happed. Could you please save these files and sent to me via PM?Thanks.

Also, Just @Igor Kurzin said, Do you use VLC and update it to the latest?

@Berny@FLOODThanks for informing me.😁

Regards.

Thank you all for the replies!

Yes, I have installed the latest version of VLC media player from the original site. I have now manually removed the files using “Remove from quick access” RM B option and the files didn’t appear afterwords.

I couldn’t access the files as there was no file in the said location (C:\Users\xxxxx\OneDrive\Desktop) therefore, Im afraid the files are not there anymore.

I have KIS2020 installed in my PC.

Thank you and best regards,

BJ

Thank you all for the replies!

Yes, I have installed the latest version of VLC media player from the original site. I have now manually removed the files using “Remove from quick access” RM B option and the files didn’t appear afterwords.

I couldn’t access the files as there was no file in the said location (C:\Users\xxxxx\OneDrive\Desktop) therefore, Im afraid the files are not there anymore.

I have KIS2020 installed in my PC.

Thank you and best regards,

BJ

OK. Cheers! 🍻