My laptop lags when searching in YouTube or Facebook

Hello guys,

2 days ago I noticed that my laptop started to lag for about 5 seconds whenever searching in YouTube or Facebook, no matter which Internet browser I use (I tried on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge).

The other things are working fine, for instance there is absolutely no problem when searching something on google dot com.

If I disable my Kaspersky the lag disappears. However I would want to keep my Kaspersky active but without having the lag problem.

Can you please advise what needs to be done?

Kind regards,

Alexandru

Hello @alexandrudonciu

Welcome!

1. There is an outstanding issue for Youtube, not Facebook, but, it’s specific to Mozilla Firefox, therefore, in our assessment, we do not believe the issue you’re reporting is related to that known bug. 
  2. Kaspersky released Patch C, starting September 29th & ending 8th October 2020, that may or may not be relevant to the issue you’ve raised. 
  3. Either generate a GSI & Windows Logs & post back please or raise a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the KTS21, Application malfunction, Other template → see following image, include a GSI & Windows Logs, images & provide a detailed history with as much detail as possible, so Technical experts understand, also, in the request, include a link/URL to this Community topic

4. After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  5. Please post the incident # here in your topic? 
  6. Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello,

INC000011970982 has been raised with Kaspersky Technical Support

For now I was informed that:

There is a typing delay in all browsers with Kaspersky enabled. Ex. typing in the YouTube search bar is extremely slow.

There is a bug on going for this issue, for time being, please follow the guide below to avoid the issue

Open Kaspersky Settings - Additional -Network -traffic processing- disable Script Injection.

----------

However, my current concern is that the following information is mentioned in Kaspersky:

Script injection intro web traffic is necessary to ensure proper functions of the following components: Safe Money, Private Browsing, URL Advisor, Anti-Banner and Parental Control  I do not want to lose protection on those mentioned above, so I asked for an alternative solution from Technical Support. Regards,Alexandru

Hello @alexandrudonciu

You’re welcome!

Thank you for the update👌

1. Please ask Technical Support to provide the BUG reference number and update your topic please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hey Flood,

I just received a new reply from Technical Support, where the important part is the following:

The steps provided to you by the previous Agent is just a workaround for now because there is an ongoing bug. This will be fixed by the upcoming patch but we do not have the exact date of the release yet. 

Therefore it’s pretty clear to me. They know about this bug, they are working on it and the issue will probably be solved in a future patch. Until then, I will keep my Kaspersky settings same as they are right now as I do not want to take any risk.

Kind regards,

Alexandru

I just received a new reply from Technical Support, where the important part is the following:

The steps provided to you by the previous Agent is just a workaround for now because there is an ongoing bug. This will be fixed by the upcoming patch but we do not have the exact date of the release yet. Therefore it’s pretty clear to me. They know about this bug, they are working on it and the issue will probably be solved in a future patch. Until then, I will keep my Kaspersky settings same as they are right now as I do not want to take any risk. Kind regards, Alexandru

Hello @alexandrudonciu

Thank you for the update👌

If, as they did in their 1st response, say, “There is a bug on going for this issue, for time being, please follow the guide → ...etc” and then say  “The steps provided to you by the previous Agent is just a workaround for now because there is an ongoing bug → ...etc”, we don’t think there’s any doubt they “know about it. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋